Wake Me Up- Joss Christiansen One shot

Your phone vibrated on the couch next to you. It’s Joss, again. He’s texted you every hour to check on you which was more than a little annoying considering it was a powder day and you were to sick to walk more than a few feet let alone ski; and Joss was still had service which meant he wasn’t any farther back than Silverload and there is nothing that great there.

            To: Joss

                        I swear to god if you don’t stop texting me and go freaking ski I will break up with you.

            From: Joss

                        Fine fine you win. I’ll come by tonight.

You let out a sigh of relief and set your phone down, pulled your blanket back up to your chin, and continued with the fifteenth episode of CSI: Miami you’ve watched that day.

            You woke to a cold hand on your forehead. You sat up quickly out of fear and surprise and regretted almost immediately. Your head began to throb and your nose was stuffy.

            “Damn it Joss, you scared me!” You said slapping his hand away. He chuckled.

            “Sorry I couldn’t resist.” You gave him a glare and repositioned yourself on the couch. You had a box of tissues on your left and your empty water bottle on your right. You sniffed to keep your nose from running (cause we all know how attractive that is) which sent you into a coughing fit.

            “Breath, breath!” Joss said as you gasped for air.

            “I’m trying!” 

            “Jesus you really are sick.”

            “Dude do you really think I’d miss one of the last pow days were gunna get this season if I wasn’t?” Joss did the “valid point” face.

            “Is there anything I can get you?” He asked walking around the couch, towards the kitchen.

            “Could you fill my water bottle with cold water? And maybe make some green tea?”

            “Of course!” He took your water bottle and did a bow that made you laugh. He returned to the couch with your now ice cold water bottle, a mug of tea, and two oranges. He started to roll one of the oranges around in his hands before he started peeling it. “What are we watching?” He handed you a few pieces of the orange.

            “How about Catching Fire?” You suggested Joss nodded in agreement. You turned the TV to DVD and pushed play and the movie started playing.

            “You smell like dirty ski socks.” You said taking another piece of orange.

            “You smell like sick people.” He countered.

            “That’s why we work.” You smiled.

            “Indeed it is.” He pulled you into him and kissed your forehead.