Chapter: 2

I had eaten dinner, and was left in my room. I called for Carl and was waiting for him to come. Carl entering my room looked at me

"Carl are you going to bed" I asked softly

"No" Carl answered

I gently looked at him

"Carl sometimes you need to sleep. your not immortal " I said looking down

Carl then gazed at me "I'll sleep if you want me to" Carl answered.

Carl sat on my bed. I didn't have to tell him to he just did. Carl seemed to be normal. I just couldn't last seeing him always down. I really needed to cheer him up because he is a good person to me.

"Remember what mother said when we helped her cook" I asked him.

Carl never said a word,he just sat there.

"when you cook you don't have to e to serious, just have a little fun, although something you make may not appear good when you taste it its magical

"its like not being perfect when you are" I ended with Carl. We began to laugh it was fun when are mom would say it. Her words gave us courage to try are best to get it right. I then realize tears were falling from my eyes. Carl's face looked like we was in pain his bright blue eyes glowing, The last time i was by his side was when my mother died. It brought back special memories.

Carl held me tight. I layed on his chest, still feeling tears running down my face.

"Why didn't i die instead of her."more tears coming down my eyes.

"She wanted to keep you safe." I heard Carl say in a soft voice. "It wasn't your fault."

I was still scared of being safe i was scared of people getting hurt. I preferred me getting hurt, that was something i couldn't control. It chose me.

"Carl" i said softly."Would you sleep in my room for the night" i asked.

"if you insist" Carl answered drying the tears from my eyes. "Yuka."

Carl tucked me into my bed and sat at the end of my bed watching me fall asleep. When we were kids Carl would always enter my room when i was asleep and watch me. He liked seeing me sleep, it was one thing i knew Carl loved. Carl hadn't got a chance to do that as he grew into an adult. What my father would say was if your 16 and older, you were no longer a child, meaning at some point i would have to get married even if i was 16 or not.