From corners you don't know (2)

Sigh... Okay, time to get to the bottom line; who knows, perhaps the unpolished version might know something the polished one did not.

"How do you do today, Pi--" I found myself suddenly wincing. "What the--?!"

My second friend had come off his bed and now lay sprawled on the floor in a totally ridiculous position.

"...Ah?" he rubbed his eyes sleepily at my voice. Still drooling, he mumbled, "--oh, look. The richie Milli... Gotta get ready first. Shoo..."

--I wonder who's the cat here?!

*15 minutes later...

"Took you that long to prepare?"

"Sorry for it. Got natural dislike with water, even 'n human form. 'Sup, then?"

If it's with him, I'd say one word'll be enough:

"Vladista."

"...Oh. Them." He looked like he's been hit with a rotten fish (not sure if he's gonna eat it, though). "Whatcha wanna know?"

"Talked to your friend. Said you asked him into this journey. Why?"

He shrugged. "Freedom."

"Listen. This is the first time I'm hearing of Vladista, and honestly I want to know more. Davin said something about the vamps having familiars just like us Devils. Might be you knew something more about them."

"Why should I tell you? Got nothin' t'do with it..."

"How about telling that to a friend?"

"Yeah right. We've been friends for what, three weeks?"

"You will tell Davin, but not me?"

"Dave's known me longer than ya, and it seems he's not asked for my telling you."

"He asked me to ask you!"

"Then it's up to me, and I'm not telling."

"Geez... the tough one, are you..."

"Got nine lives, after all," he grinned, "if you know how to joke."

"He will hear of this."

"...This when things don't go your way, huh? Sorry. Won't work on us."

"Then what will?"

"You seriously wanna know?"

"I do."

He sighed. "Won't change anything... but fine. I had Dave join me 'cause I fear we won't be of much use to the vamps. Familiars got ranks, ya see--and you've seen my alternative form. Think you we'd have much use as those?"

"Well... perhaps not as fighting pawns--you're kids, after all."

"...You think so?"

"Yes. I'd say you'll have more use as pets."

His cat-ears popped out. "...I dare you say that again."