Let's have a look...

*Zeoticus POV

...To be very honest with whoever is reading this: I, as head of the Gremory clan, haven't quite made up my mind as to what to do about this.

I do not deny my daughter's team had performed miracles for weeks back, but let's just face the plain truth.

We. Are. Talking. About. Vladista. The greatest Daywalker clan that already directly borders my own domain, and stretched across numerous others!

I could assure you, they will not be quiet about this--and with our economy just beginning to revive after the Three Factions' War... well, you might have guessed our chances if and when they decide to call on another clash.

And mark my words--I will not bother to worry about Vene this one time. This is my clan. Anything she does that might compromise and undermine its safety and security, could and would make her a traitor.

Besides, it may not be an understatement when I say that the Maou Lucifer-sama's personal well-being is a sure thing as long as he is here. Now, to have one of his places of refuge defiled by a race of night-roamers would be an unredeemable stain in my entire career.

Ahem! Anyway, let's see what sort of thing it is...

As I went to where the prisons are, someone greeted me.

"How do you do, danna-sama."

"Just fine, Grayfia, thank you. Going for some inspection, in fact."

"...Is it about the... distinguished captive, sir?"

I halted. "You knew?"

"If I may suggest something..."

"What is it?"

"You might want to put him as Millicas-sama's personal servant."

"What--!!"

My first instinct was, of course, to refuse flatly. A vampire so near my grandson?! How could it be made sure that he will not in turn be molested, what with the Vladistans' hunger for more lands?

Besides, how could she--his own mother--be the first to suggest it?!

"Explain yourself." And it better be very good.

"What you expect is that the prisoner's patron clan would not remain quiet, now that one of them is amidst us."

"...True."

"What you also expect is that they would not have a go at us before we are prepared."

"True. But how will that kind of display aid my grandson?"

"Well, we know that it was Lady Rias' team which made this happen; during a Rating Game, that is. They, it was said, did so according to the Game's rules at the time--and we know they could be very peculiar. The results are beyond my power to alter, but if the Vladistans were to learn that we are trying to abide by the norms, by not treating one of them like some kind of rubbish..."

"Well..."

"...they might abandon any actual attempts of attack."

"That is one problem. Placing him so near Millicas is entirely another."

"...Which is why the danna-sama now deigns to see the prisoner himself, to determine if he's worth that honor. My only other request would be that you keep this sealed from Lady Gremory's knowledge."

"I'm clear on that point," I retorted, and strode on.