Chapter Ten

Jace came towards me and hugged me, hard. I didn’t know what to do since I wasn’t a hugger so I just let him hug me while I just stood there, not really finding anything to say. I began to relive the last time we had spoken to each other. 

I felt my heart cracking more and more as Jace kept glaring at me. What was wrong with me? Why was I letting him get to me? 

And then it got me. I realized that I was actually falling for Jace. 

Oh, that is just so sad, I thought to myself. I thought I wouldn’t live to see the day but I did and I didn’t like it. But I couldn’t do anything about it now. If he couldn’t accept that I was half vampire then I would just hold it in and leave before I got super fond of him. I wasn’t going to be a cat addicted to catnip. Once was enough, that was just the drugs.

I want you to leave. I want you out of my territory. he ordered me, pushing all his force and aura at me. It went through me as if it was just a huge gust of hellhound breath. 

I can’t. The rabid will wake up soon and the first thing he’ll want is blood. I need to find him some before we leave. He’s new and I have to explain to him of what happened to him. So, too bad alpha boy but I’m going to have to stay in your woods for a couple of days. Then, I’ll leave you and your posse alone. I told him.

No. he immediately said. Gosh, he really did hate me.

I have to. Unless you want the humans to suffer. I told him. Jace growled at me. Yeah, I threatened him, bite me. It was the only thing I could think of for him to let me stay for a while. Ancient wanna be alpha boy was quiet for a bit before he spoke once more.

How do I know you’re telling the truth?he asked.

Aren’t you just a ball of fun. I promise— no, I swear I’ll leave your woods in five days max. You have my word. I said. 

hope so because if you’re not, I’ll hunt you down. he warned

I rolled my eyes. Deep inside me, my heart ached, as if he had bit a piece of my heard and then punched me in the face. But I wasn’t going to show him how much he hurt me. He wouldn’t care and I sure as hell shell was I going to lose my pride, well, what little left of it I had.

Trust me, I can’t wait to leave. I’ll be out of your hair soon. I said and then looked back down at Marco’s calm looking dead face. 

I looked back up to see Jace and Mika leaving, not even looking back. I wasn’t surprised. I looked at Jace’s tail as ti disappeared into the night. 

And finally, after so much cracks, my heart broke, and I cried...

My heart began to hurt all over again. And then I heard Marco growl from behind me. I broke the hug and turned to Marco, seeing he was using a lot of control to sustain his animal instincts. Through the bond, I could feel his anger at Jace. Marco wanted to slash his that and burn his body a million times for me. 

I pushed some of my scent into him, trying to soothe him. I could see it was working because his relaxed more and his growl became a rumble in his throat. I turned back to Jace once I had finished calming my vampling. 

“ What in holy hell mother of fuck in a toaster are you doing here?” I asked him. 

He looked the same as when I had seen him before. He was still tall and still had that military buzz. He was as buff as ever and his tan was slightly lighter and his sun bleached dark brown hair was still looking soft. His facial structure was still strong and he just looked so hot. I was still surprised that I had the chance to hit that.