Chapter Eleven

About an hour later, I was full from eating some dear and a few rabbits. I didn’t do most of the hunting since Marco was the one making me stay put. He had hunted most of what we ate and I didn’t like it. Once we were about a few feet from steeping out of the forest, we began to shift back to our human skins. 

“ Hey, Marco, can I ask you something personal?” 

Marco nodded, as he put on his pants. His had a really good body that I just wanted to touch. But of course, because I had enough men in my life, I held back. 

“ Shoot” he said. 

“ When you woke up from when I turned you, what did you feel?” I asked, “ I’ve always been curious of what a made vampire feels when he turns up with fangs.” 

He ahed and nodded, as if he understood. It had always been secretly nagging me if I had done the right thing for Marco. Something that I always hated myself from that moment was that as I tried to save his life, I had also broken his will. He was connected to me and I wanted to know if he ever resented me for turning him. 

We sat down after we changed and I just stared at Marco, waiting for him to speak. He looked up into the sky, then back down to me, smiling before he answered.

“ When you sucked out all of my blood, I felt like I was dying. When I died, I do not really remember much about it but the moment I woke up, I felt so many different things.” he said. 

I kept quiet, wanting him to continue. 

“ I knew I was different the moment I opened my eyes. I saw even better than when I was a werewolf. I could smell more than before and I felt stronger as well. And then I felt no connection with Eddie. That relieved me and When I saw you, sitting besides me, I felt our connection. You have no idea how I joyful I was when I could feel the new connection between us. I felt your sadness and worry and everything that was going on in your body. At that moment, I had decided that I loved the new me. I wanted to protect you, like I had so many years ago. After that, I finally got the hunger pains for blood.” he finished. 

I was silent for a long time, wanting to think really good at what I was going to say next. 

“ How…. what do you feel from our bond?” I asked.

I blushed a little when I said it. I didn’t like blushing because only mating squirrels did that when they were having sex in the middle of the public. I hurriedly continued on so I could explain myself. 

“ I mean, to me, if I wish it, I can feel you, the whole you. I can feel how healthy your body is and I can feel every emotion you have. And if I also wanted to, I could track you and I could talk to you, although I haven’t tried it because I’m not a big fan of having someone in my head. I can also feel the power that I have. I feel it all the time, the power to control you and will you to do whatever I want. I can thin our bond and I can put up walls against you invading my thoughts but I also have a feeling I can do more than I know now.” 

He gave me a deliciously sweet smile, one that made my stomach giggle. What the fuck was wrong with me? It was the first time that I actually felt attracted to Marco, as if today I barely realized how freaking hot he is. I put my walls back up quickly, not wanting him to catch anything of what I was thinking. 

“ Thats funny, because all I get from our bond is how you feel, how well you are, and if you want to talk to me. I can sense the power you have on me but the fact that you haven’t used it satisfies me enough to know you wouldn’t force me to do anything I didn’t want to unless it was urgent. I love the bond, Nina, because its a bond I only have with you.” he replied.