Chapter 6: The Rainbow Connection

So I’m back! I’m sitting at the computer eating animal crackers and watching Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen’s “You’re Invited” party movies on YouTube. Yeah…… Nostalgia. So I decided that I would make chapter 8. Song on the side is The Rainbow Connection by Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog…….from the Muppets. Btw, in this chapter, suicide is a main topic, so if you’re squeamish, then skip over it. You may be a bit behind, but not too much.

Neville’s POV:

I ran all over the campus, the common rooms, and the greenhouses. The only place left was the Black Lake. I hope she didn’t do anything stupid.

Luna’s POV:  I sat at the Black Lake, guitar in hands, sitting on a rock. I was  just strumming along, singing softly.

Who said that every wish,

Would be heard and answered,

When wished on the morning star?

Somebody thought of that,

And someone believed it,

And look what it’s done so far.

What’s so amazing that keeps us stargazing?

And what do we think we might see?

Someday we’ll find it, the rainbow connection,

The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

I sighed, and picked up the letter. I read it through once more.

To whom it may concern,

Yes, I’m dead. What does it matter to you? I am gone. Tell my dad that I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t go on. And if you see Neville, tell him I love him, one last time, and that I’ll be waiting for him to apologize, up there. If you wish to find my body, check the bottom of the Black Lake. If you don’t, then I guess, do whatever. Goodbye.

Luna Lovegood

I folded the parchment, and placed the letter between the strings of the guitar. Sighing, I took off my shoes, placing them next to the rock. My simple white dress fluttered in the wind. I walked down to the dock. I looked up at the sky. Mom, I’m coming up there. Make some room.

I closed my eyes and walked off of the dock. Inhaling a breath of water, darkness engulfed my thoughts.

Goodbye.

Neville’s POV:

I was starting to worry, what if she did do something stupid. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself. I walked to the lake, and saw a guitar and a pair of shoes on a rock near the docks.

“No, no, no, no, no. She didn’t.” I ran up to the rock. There was a piece of parchment in the strings of the guitar. I took it with shaking hands and read it. I quickly ran up to the greenhouses, kicking off my shoes and socks in the process. I grabbed a bit of gillyweed and swallowed it. I ran back down to the dock, pulling my robes and shirt off and my dress pants following. Clad in gray boxer-briefs, I dove in, and looked around. The lake was big, and I had an hour. Might as well start searching. I cast Lumos with my wand that I had grabbed before jumping, and started my search.

----------

About a half hour later, I saw a flash of red. I swam towards it, not knowing what it was. It turned out to be blood, rushing everywhere, tinting the water red. A blond head came into view, with pale skin and closed eyes. A small contented smile was on her face. She had killed herself, because of me. I let a few tears slip down my cheeks, invisible in the water. I pulled her up, bringing her body to the surface. Her white dress was soaked through. She was chilled to the bone. I wrapped her in my robe and carried her to my dorm, still clad in my gray boxers, which had darkened in the water.

I used the back hallways, to avoid attention. Still, I got weird looks and whispers from the few who were there. I made it to the common room, still wet, still freezing. Sitting on the couch near the fire, doing homework, were Seamus and Dean, cuddled up together over a book, Hermione and Ron, who was doing more staring at Mione than homework. They looked up at the sound of the door closing. Hermione blushed bright red, and looked back down to her work with a cough. Seamus’ cheeks tinted pink and he said:

“Why, hello there, Neville.”

Dean replied “Hey! I’m still here, you know.”

“Oh, get over it you big oaf!"

“Whatever.” Dean replied, capturing Seamus’ lips in a kiss. Ron cleared his throat.

“Not that that isn’t great for you guys, but can you take that else please?”

“Gladly.” Seamus said. He grabbed Dean’s hand and left.

I walked with Luna in my arms up to our dorm. I put her down on my four-poster and unwrapped my robe from her body. I lifted her dress off of her body gently. I grabbed a Shirt from my drawer and placed it on her limp body. It reached her thighs and was short-sleeved so I put a small sweater over that. I put on some not-soaked underwear (on myself), some pants, and pulled on a shirt. I picked her up in my arms again, and set off towards the hospital wing.

-----------------

Soooooooo yeah. This whole chapter I kept thinking of Neville in tight gray boxer-briefs……….*drools*

Have fun with that thought ;)

-Lemon