Chapter 41

I finish ordering our food and then drive home. I didn't bother to text the girls to see where they are. I assume they aren't even by my house since they have called or texted me. They need to, considering they don't have a key to get in the gate. I could get into a bunch of trouble if I give them a key. They also say it would be so much better if I gave them one since they are always over but still, it's not worth the risk of getting into trouble and having to move somewhere else. I love living here, it is so peaceful.

I park my car into the outside lot instead of up my drive way and I see Kim pulling up. Perfect timing.

"Hey boo, how did it go today in the office?" Kim asks and hugs me. She grabs a bag of food and opens the gate.

"Oh, you know, the usual. I got suspended for a day." I laugh.

"That's not too bad, I guess." 

Alex still hasn't arrived by the time we get to my house and Kim goes straight to the couch and sits down. I need to pee.

"I'll be right back, I gotta wee." I say and put the food in the kitchen then walk down the hall.

Where is Malikai? He should be barking by now or attacking me with kisses. I pull out my phone and look in the back. I put my phone back in my pocket and I see Brian out back playing with Malikai.

"There he is." I say opening and closing the back door as I walk out. Malikai comes running up to me and starts scratching my legs like crazy wanting me to pick him up.

"What are you doing out here?" I ask Brian walking closer to him.

"I was bored so I thought I would just come out here and play with pup." 

"Oh, yeah. You had a day off, huh?" I say while holding Malikai.

"Yea. It was a long day. Let's do something."

"Can't. My friends are over, which means your stuck out here for about another hour." I say handing Malikai to him and walking back inside.

"But."

"Sorry, can't hear you." I say and close the door.

I walk back into the living room where Kim sits by her self.

"How's your lip?" Kim asks as I sit next to her.

"Actually not that bad, she didn't get me that bad, but I sure as hell did get her." I smirk.

*Phone rings*

"Hello?" I say into my phone.

"I'm outside." Alex says.

"Okay, be out in a sec." I say and hang up. "Alex is here, be right back."

I run to the gate and I see Alex laughing at me. I have a feeling I run weird or something. I look behind just to see if she is laughing at me and I see Malikai running after me. I closed the door didn't I? Duh, there is a leash connected to him. I look around me hoping I don't see Brian come running up to me. For reason I see something moving at the corner of my eye and I glance over and see Brian jump into the bushes. I start laugh wildly and open the gate for Alex.

"What's so funny?" she asks picking up Malikai.

"Oh, nothing." I say and walk back to the house.

"Hey you." Alex says to Kim and she jumps onto the couch next to her.

"Hola, Amiga" Kim replies. They both know I don't speak Spanish but they always converse to each other in Spanish. I just sit and stare at them.

"So, what's up ladies?" I interrupt them.