Chapter 14

"You what?" I wasn't hearing this right. No way would we get away with all of this.

"I need to go back and get the princess." His face was stone set. I knew I couldn't get him to change his mind. What the hell had happened in the day that I was gone?

"Excuse me, sorry, I couldn't hear you over all that crazy. You will get killed!"

"I'm not leaving without Amerie. It's not happening."

"Oh god, you named it." I muttered "Sky you're not listening this is huge. I killed a queen and I've been hunted ever since and look where it's gotten me. You're talking about kidnapping a princess. A winter fae princess. Winter. Fae. Princess. Any of the words I'm throwing at you sticking?"

Not to mention her sister was right next to us over hearing that like she was listening to dinner plans.

"She's not." He mumbled.

"What?"

"She's not Fae, not completely. She's more. That's why she's going to be the new queen." Sela added. "Over her dead body."

"I don't understand."

"Listen I can't explain just something happened between us."

"Is that something possibly in your pants?"

He stared blankly. "I won't leave her here. There are people," He looks at Sela "including your mother, that want to kill her."

I turn to Cole and Rory. "What happened?"

"I'm not sure. We had to split up. I know, I know, but we had to. Sky was caught but acted like a servant. He was gone for almost the full day. We hid out here for the most part." She narrows her eyes at Sky. "When he came back he was all save the princess."

I turn back to him. "Sky this is huge, you can't come back from this."

"I don't understand it either, but either way I'm not leaving her here. She doesn't even know what she is. She's different. Her life is in danger."

"Her mother will hunt us down if we don't kill her first."

"Zerina isn't her mother like she believes." Sela said. "Our father got a little handsie with an iron witch. She's half fae, half witch."

"I don't understand."

"You killed Xander's mother. Zerina is her sister. You know Fae royalty have to run in the bloodlines. You should have been here when King Uron brought her back here."

I couldn't leave her. I knew I should, but I just couldn't. She was innocent. Threw gritted teeth I agreed. "Fine, we take out the royals at the Illume and you get Amerie."

"Wait a minute an Iron witch. My kind wouldn't touch your kind." Sky stepped to Sela.

"Says the boy who wants to take my sister to the mortal world." Sela bore down those obsidian orbs at him. To his credit he didn't back down.

"He must have forced her!"

"He didn't, she was here, and enjoyed herself might I add. My father had one of the dark men take the baby when she was born. She's still his daughter no matter if the blood is tainted."

Sky looked a little green. "What's wrong buddy?"

"My father's girlfriend, the one I told you about. She had a child kidnapped when she was an infant."

He sat down. "It makes sense now. She came here to get Amerie. Lucy I'm sorry I'm finishing what she started, I have to bring her home."

I looked at Sela. "Hey don't look at me I could care less. She's no more my family than you are. As long as my pretty ass is sitting on that throne by the end of all of this I will leave you alone."