Chapter 6

How did I get myself into such a pickle? Seriously I needed a manager for my life. Someone to go 'Hey Lucy maybe you shouldn't be doing this.' Clearly my brain was letting me down.

Icy clouds waft from the giant snouts. Long slender reptilian bodies dipped in white striped with fear.

Hello nightmares you have a new entry.

I didn't know what kind of defenses they had; nothing scared me worse than the unknown.

Acid, Poison, Fire I had no clue. They were defiantly otherworld creatures. Iron was my best bet against defense.

Let's be real. It was really my only defense.

We stand with our backs to each other forming a circle. Not taking our eyes off of them.

Some are bigger than others. The first one we saw defiantly the biggest. They are a pack. And they look pissed.

The two on the right charge diving straight into the snow beds. The ground rumbles and the others start to charge us.

I grip my knife my knuckles turning white as the snowy trap beneath us. It's like the harder I grip my knife the stronger I will be.

I slash towards the dragon its nimble body dogging the attack and instead he swipes my arm with a giant meaty paw claws digging into the flesh.

Good news, no acid.

Bad news I was missing pieces of my limb.

Rory looks over to me concern in her eyes. "Rory look out!" I fling my dagger with giant force. The knife sticking the one towards her in the eye.

Landon was on top of his sinking his blade. Into the beast as it draws its last breath. I turn on the one that took pieces of my arm.

It charges me I duck as it swipes me again. I latch on to the leg causing it to trip up. I kick it in the chest breaking a few ribs or whatever internal bone structure it had.

I grab a knife from my thigh as it struggles to get up. It roars at me. Just for a second I hesitate. I felt...bad?

Ew.

That hesitation cost me as another lunged towards me. I grabbed another knife stabbing it as it lands towards me. The iron beginning to eat away at its flesh.

"Stop!" I hear someone shout. We all look around at the source. I grip my knives. I look back towards the dragon and it was gone.

"Where did they go?" Cole asks panicked. Blood covers him head to toe.

This kind of danger held the possibility of us not returning. Danny would kill me if anything happened to Cole.

"I'm fine." He snaps. "Take your pity and stuff it. I don't want it or need it."

"Well hello little witchling."

The same voice sounded but this time smoother.

Recognizable.

I didn't need this right now. I was still out of breath I didn't want to deal with this guy yet.

I knew it was inevitable but still wanted to postpone it as long as possible.

"I didn't ever think I'd see you again." His sharp silver eyes take me in. It was like being spied on by the moon. "And by that I mean, I was never supposed to see you again."

"Hello Jack, long time. Really would have preferred it been an eternity to be honest." He smiles at me his curious nature displayed with every quirk of his lips.