Chapter 16

Ellington's POV

We're in the waiting room of the hospital. Rydel is sobbing into my shirt and Maya is freaking out. People keep staring at her since her jeans are covered in blood... In a hospital.... Yeah. Talia is trying to calm Maya down and crying as well. Finally Ryland got up and pulled Maya into a hug and she cried into his chest. He lead her over to one of the empty cushioned chairs and sat down in it, she sat on his lap and within minutes of him soothing her she had fallen fast asleep. Rydel laid down with her head in my lap and looked up at me, tears still streaming down her face.

"Hey. Don't cry. Everything's gonna be alright." I said wiping away her tears. But the problem was they just kept coming.

"Aw, baby. Please don't cry. It's hard to see you cry, Delly." I said.

"I'm trying but I can't, Ell. I'm trying not to cry. But the tears just keep falling." She said. "You don't have to try not to cry just to have hope that everything's gonna be ok. That Riker will be ok, and that he will get better. Cause if you can hope for that to happen, it will. Cause hope is stronger than everything." I said. She looked up at me.

"Thank you Ell. Thank you for helping me to hope." She said.

"Your welcome." I said.

"I love you, Ellington Lee Ratliff." She said.

"I love you too, Rydel Mary Lynch." I said and bent down and kissed her. I could feel her shaking. I pulled her up and hugged her tightly.

"It's ok, let it all out." I whispered.

"Thank you." She whispered, starting to cry even harder than before. I hugged her even tighter.

"Sshh... It's ok, it's gonna be ok." I whispered, stroking her hair.

She started to stop crying, little bits at a time. She finally stopped crying. I looked down at her and saw she had her eyes closed. Aww, she's sleeping! She's so cute when she's sleeping! I laid her back down in my lap. I bent down and whispered in her ear. "Delly?" She didn't even stir. I sat back up and smiled. I looked around at everyone. Stormie and Mark are in Hawaii so they won't be joining is for at LEAST another 5 hours. So, yeah... Well I uh... The weathers nice! Hehe... Yeah... Moving on! Then a nurse walked through the double doors.

"Is anyone here for, Riker Lynch?" She called. Both Rydel and Maya sprang up both from deep sleep and said, in unison.

"Here!!"

"Follow me." She said.

They both looked at each other and started walking towards the nurse and then walked through the double doors and disappeared.

Rydel's POV

Me and Maya walked side by side down the long halls, following the nurse. My stomach was doing flip-flops. She lead is down about three hallways and then stopped in front of a door marked as Room 159.

"I'll be right down the hall if you need me just use the red button by the bed to call me or someone else." She said.

We both nodded. She turned and walked away. Me and Maya looked at each other.

"I'm scared." She said.

"Don't worry your definitely not the only one!" I said.

She smiled for be first time since the 'accident'. I smiled back at her.

"C'mon, let's go see how the weirdo of our generation is doing!" I said.

She laughed. I pulled her into a hug. We pulled away and linked arms. Then we walked into the room together.

A/N Hey guys!! Sorry I haven't updated in like forever!! I got really caught up on watching ALL of Nash Grier's vines!! Sooooo, hope you like the chapter! Comment and vote!! #R5Family4ever!!!!!