nine

Authors note: PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER I HAVE IMPORTANT BAD NEWS

•••

[ protective one of a bitch ]

"Eskild, get out." I pushed myself off of Chris' lap with my cheeks bright as a tomato. I pointed over to the door, kicking Eskild out but he took a step inside my room. He took my desk chair and sat in front of Chris who was just casually sitting on my bed.

"What intentions do you have with my daughter?" Eskild says with a pitchy voice, he even crossed his legs and intertwined his fingers together laying them over his lap.

"Daughter?" I say confusedly, wondering what the hell is Eskild up to. Chris chuckled at his question while staring at me in the eyes as if he was thinking to himself. I watched him take in his bottom lip between his teeth trying to stop himself from grinning.

"Is there something funny, Mr. Schistad?" Eskild asked with a stern voice trying to intimidate Chris.

"Eskild, out now." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shut up, young lady." He looked at me with a straight face while holding up his forefinger at me. I tell him again to leave my room but he ignores me and instead, pulls out my desk chair to the front of Chris who was sitting on my bed. Eskild clears his throat sitting his butt down onto to the chair and being himself by dramatically crossing his legs and arms while giving Chris a look waiting for his answer to his question.

"I have no intentions?" It came out more like a question because he was confused as I was by the look on his face with furrowed eyebrows and a small frown.

"That's not what you were saying when you were shoving your tongue down her throat—" My eyes widens.

"Okay! Okay!" I stopped Eskild from saying anything else that can put ideas into Chris' head. I pulled the chair away and towards my bedroom door. "Leave now." Eskild soon came back to being himself and pouted like a little child.

"You're no fun." But he still listened to my orders and actually got up from my desk chair and made his way towards out the door. Before I close the door, he looked over his shoulder at Chris and waved. "It was nice meeting you!" Then I slammed the door on his face.

"Well... he was nice." Chris interrupts the awkward silence that only went on for like a solid second. I slowly made my way over to him and sat on the empty space beside him on my bed. A pout appears on my lips when he immediately stands up.

"That's Eskild, my roommate." He nods.

"I should—" He awkwardly stuffed both of his hands inside his two front pockets avoiding my eyes. "I should go. I kinda promised this one girl I'd take her out." Wow. There it was. The same old Chris Schistad.

I stare at him blankly. I'll admit that I was enjoying spending time and talking with him earlier, but what suddenly happened that switched his mood? I should've known better. What was I even thinking?

"Wow. Okay." I can't really help but express the feeling inside my chest. I got up after him and went to open the door for him to show him out the door.

"Look, I'm sorry—" I let out a dry cold laugh.

"There's really no such thing you need to apologize for. I mean, I'm probably the one who should be apologizing for letting you inside my home and caring for you." I shake my head at myself. "I'm so stupid. I thought you actually cared but I guess not."