eight

[ Too bad I just got friend-zoned ]

"Chris! Chris!" I ran after him, I knew he heard my shouts as he gained his speed and walked faster. Students ran out of their classrooms which made it a little bit hard to keep my eyes on him but I still managed to catch up on him.

I clearly have no idea what I was doing but a part of me did. It was like that small part of me took control over my body making me chase after the boy I should stay away from.

As I caught up to him, I stood in front of him and the doorway, blocking his way out. My eyes scanned his face, trying t read what's going on in his mind, but I couldn't read anything. His eyes connected with mine for only a second until he threw his head back and groaned in annoyance.

"Will you move out of my way?" He said to harshly. I kept my lips in a tight line not saying anything. "Amalie," he warned. This time his eyes were looking at mine deeply. I could tell there was anger in his eyes and it made me feel a little bit guilty knowing I could possibly be the reason for it. "Move out of my fucking way." He inched his face closer, trying to scare me but I stood still with a straight face.

"No." I replied. "I'm not letting you leave until we talk." He lets out a dry laugh.

"Until we talk?" He repeated. "There's nothing to fucking talk about!" He yelled, making me jump. Good thing the hallways were cleared leaving just the two of us. Everyone else has gone to go get lunch. "And why do you care, huh? Last time I checked, you don't give a single fuck about me." I could hear a hint of anger and sadness in his voice.

"Because you're a friend of William's and William's is Noora's boyfriend and Noora's my best friend so that makes you my..." He raised his eyebrows with a teasing smirk on his lips. I didn't even know where I was going at first. I close my eyes, I can already see him teasing me in the future of this. "Friend. It makes you my friend and I was taught to be kind and take care of my friends."

"Are you sure? Am I just your friend?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "I don't think that what your little heart thinks." The tip of his finger taps gently on my chest.

"You're just my friend, Schistad." I roll my eyes.

"Aight then, if I'm you're little friend then you'd leave me the fuck alone and get out of my way." He faked a smile.

"But-" I paused for a second trying to come up with a good excuse for him to not ditch school. "It's lunch! Aren't you hungry? We should go eat!" Without thinking, I grab ahold of his hand beginning leading him down the staircase to the cafeteria. But he roughly let go of my hand before we could get to the staircase.

"I don't give a damn, alright? Go back to your little friends, Amalie." He said through his gritted teeth.

"I can tell your upset!" I shouted when I watched him walk towards the exit. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused at myself. Since when did I suddenly care about him?

"Go hang out with your little precious friends, Amalie." He turned his heel. "You better be at the front of the school after class." He clenched his jaw. He eyed me for a few more seconds before walking out of the exit door that lead straight to the parking lot.

Be at the front of the school? What did he mean by that?

I walked away the moment I watched the door slam shut. I slowly walked down the stairs and into the cafeteria. I grab some disgusting cafeteria food and sat by my friends at our original table we always hung out at which was outside.