| 08 |

Soon enough we were all trekking in the snow to the house of the faun. Wearing fur coats that hardly fit us but that kept us warm. (some of us took more grudgingly than others.) Narnia was a beautiful place in the snow. But I had to admit I could imagine in summer it would be even better. Lucy was beside her self in excitement. "You will love him Alex!" She said, skipping off. I made to follow her, but not before I heard Susan mutter to Edmund "You might have competition Ed!" What was with the Pevensies thinking Edmund and I liked each other. He was a pain in the back!

As we rounded a corner Lucy turned to us. "And here is Mr Tumnus' house." She exclaimed, pointing to a door that had very obviously been broken into. She turned around after looking at our faces, she gasped. started shouting. "No!" Lucy ran forward to the house and climbed in. Ignoring her siblings shouts. I ran to follow her and soon so did the others. The room was a wreck. Tea cups and glass smashed on the floor. Coats hung askew on the rack. Who ever was once here was long gone. "Who would do this?" Lucy asked, voicing my thoughts. She had tears in her eyes and it seemed the unstable balance of her emotions was gone.

We looked around for any signs of life,  but it was worthless. It was obvious no one had been here for days. Peter walked over to a note that had been pinned to a wall. We all gathered around him wanting a reason for this mess. 

"The faun, Tumnus, is hereby charged with high treason against her Imperial Majesty, Jadis, Queen of Narnia for comforting the enemies  and fraternizing with humans. Signed, Maugrim, Captain of the secret police. Long live the Queen." Peter read slowly.

"Some Queen"  I muttered, Edmund glared at me. What had I said?

"Ok, now we really should go back!" Susan said to us. She looked worried to say the least. "But what about Mr Tumnus?" Lucy tried to reason. I didn't even know the guy (or well faun.) but I still felt like we should help him. After all he is Lucy's friend. "He was arrested just for being with a human! I don't think their is much we can do!" Susan said to her sister, a grim look on her face. "You don't understand do you?" Lucy said forcefully. "I'M the human! She must have found out he helped me!" She looked so guilty and I have to say I felt sorry for her. "Maybe we should call the police?" Peter suggested weakly. "These ARE the police Peter!" Susan exclaimed. I hugged Lucy, "Mr Tumnus will be ok." I tried to smile, but it came out as a sort of frown. I know I couldn't cheer her up really. "Don't worry Lu. We'll think of something." Peter said. 

"Psst!"