VI. Freddie's audition

Freddie Tomlinson)

After about five and a half hours of waiting, I was finally called for my turn to audition. I am not going to lie, I'm pretty nervous. I really wish dad was here with me now. He always finds a way to make me feel better somehow.

"Freddie, don't be nervous. I am sure you're going to be fine." My mother(Briana) assured me as we approached the side of the stage.

I was about to respond to my mother, but sadly I was taken by the staff members. They gave me a microphone, told me some instructions, and then basically pushed me out on stage, where Simon Cowell, Katy Perry, and Ed Sheeran were waiting. And mom told me to not be nervous. Well, mom you're words can't keep me calm this time. I thought

"Hello." I said to the judges when I walked out on stage. After greeting them, I noticed that Simon had a surprised look on his face.

"Hello love, what's your name?" Katy asked me sweetly.

"My name's Freddie Tomlinson." I responded with a huge smile, which caused Ed and Simon to have a mini panic attack. I don't know why they had a mini panic attack, but whatever the reason is, I don't care.

"And how old are you, Freddie?" Ed asked nervously.

"I am 17 years old." I answered.

"So what song have you chosen to sing for us today?" Katy asked me.

"I'm going to be singing 'Photograph by Ed Sheeran'." I said with a huge smile plastered on my face.

"Great. I can't wait to hear it." Ed said while nodding.

Right before I started singing, I noticed that Simon was quiet the whole time. He's just been studying my every move, which is quite weird if you ask me.

Ok, here it goes. I thought.

"Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes

But it's the only thing that I know

When it get's hard, you know it can get hard sometimes

It is the only thing that makes us alive

We keep this love in a photograph

We made those memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Hearts never broken

And time's frozen still

So you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans

Holding me closer 'till our eyes meet

You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home"

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm playing the piano while singing. I have been playing ever since I was little. Obviously, dad never knew because I always play at my friend's house, but who cares. I'm actually pretty good.

"Loving can heal, loving can mend your soul

And it's the only thing that I know, know

I swear it well get easier

Remember that with every piece of you

Hm, and it's the only thing we take with us when we die

Hm, We keep this love in a photograph

We made those memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Hearts never broken

And time's frozen still

So you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans

Holding me closer 'till our eyes meet

You won't ever be alone

And if you hurt me

That's okay baby

Only words bleed

Inside these pages you just hold me

And I won't ever let you go

Wait for me to come home

Wait for me to come home..."

When I finished up the song, the crowd and the judges were already on their feet. Even Simon was on his feet, even if he didn't say a word to me before I sang.

"Well done, Freddie. That was truly amazing. I thought it was pretty cool how you decided to play the piano while you sang. Not many people can do that." Katy said with a smile.

"I am going to have to agree with Katy on this one. You are one of my favourite contestants so far in this competition. You sang 'Photograph' better than I ever have, and I'm the one who wrote it." He chuckled lightly before continuing. "I would like to see more of you in the future." Ed said with the same smile Katy was wearing.

Okay, it's Simon's turn. He hasn't said a word to me since I walked on stage. So lets hope that he actually likes me and doesn't think I'm some kind of horrible guy who can't sing for his life.

"You look very familiar to me for some reason." Simon said randomly after a moment of silence.

"Really? He just sang beautifully on that stage and all you care about is that he looks famliliar to you. You've been distracted for the past 5 contestants." Katy complained.

"Actually, he looks familiar to me too. Who's here with you today?"
Ed asked me.

"My mom." I answered.

"Where's your dad?" Simon asked.

"He's at home." I answered.

"Why isn't he here today? I mean it is a big day." Ed asked me.

"He actually doesn't know I'm auditioning." I admitted.

"Wait, so he has no idea that you and your mom are here?" Simon asked.

"Nope. He doesn't like anything that has to do with music." I told them.

"Listen, Freddie, you're an amazing singer and all three of us will obviously say yes. So when the auditions are over for today, would you and your mom please come see me. I have something to discuss with the two of you."
Simon explained.

"Sure." I responded.

"Great. See you later." Simon said to me with a smile.

"Thank you so much." I said to the judges with the biggest smile I have ever had on my face and ran off stage to my mother.

"I knew you would make it through." Mom told me when I embraced her in a hug.

"That was the most nerve wrecking thing I have ever done."
I told mom as I pulled away from the hug.

"Well, it's over and you made it through so you're all good." Mom said.

"I know. Now all I have to stress about is what Simon wants to talk to me about after the auditions are over." I told my mom as we approached the waiting room.

She just laughed in response and sat down in the seat closest to where we just came from. Waiting for the auditions to be over is going to be another long process because there were still a good amount of people in the waiting room. Ugh!

--

A/N

Finally! I finished all of their auditions. I made some of their auditions somewhat similar to their fathers' auditions.

Next update will come soon♡

-------->

》Love, Leigh XXX