X. Harry Styles

Darcy Styles)

The first auditions, boot camp, and the judges' house episodes were finally aired a few weeks ago. The others and I have been doing nothing but rehearsing for the first live show because we are planning on our fathers being present. For our first live show performance, we are performing a song that I don't think the world has heard in years. Simon unfortunately couldn't help us this week, so we had to rehearse and all that kind of stuff by ourselves.
So I think he'll be just as surprise as our fathers.

"DARCY LET'S GO!" Bear yelled.

"COMING!" I yelled back.

I better get going. Bear will kill me if we're late to rehearsal again.

Harry Styles)

Right now, I'm sitting on the couch, not knowing what to do with myself. I have been pretty bored since Darcy went on a girly trip with Gemma. So after a few moments of sitting in front of a dark screen, I finally decided to turn on the TV. The first show that popped up was the X Factor. I mentally groaned before I heard a very familiar name.

"My name is Darcy Styles." She told the judges.

You have got to be kidding me.

"And how old are you, Darcy?" The judge asked my daughter.

Wait a second, is that Ed?

"I'm 17 years old." She replied to my old friend.

"What song are you going to be singing for us today?" The judge, that looked a lot like Katy Perry, asked Darcy.

"I'm going to be singing 'Stay with me by Sam Smith'." She told them.

I have to admit, that is a good song.

"Cool. Let's hear it then." Ed told her before the music started playing.

"Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one night stand. But I still need love cause I'm just a man. These nights never seem to go to plan.
I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand.

Oh won't you stay with me?
Cause you're all I need
This ain't love it's clear to see
But darling with me

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh hahahahaha...

Why am I so emotional?
No, it's not a good look, gain some self-control. And deep down I know this never works. But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt.

Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh hooooooo

Oh won't you stay with me?
Cause you're all I need...."

As Darcy sang, I sat there with my eyes wide open and my jaw dropped. I had no idea that she actually had that much talent. I can't believe that she never told me.

When Darcy had finished the song, the crowd went wild and the judges gave her a standing ovation.

Why didn't I get a standing ovation when I first auditioned?

"That was amazing, Darcy. I really wasn't expecting that." Katy said, once the crowd calmed down.

"I loved it. I don't know about anyone else, but I think you sang it better than Sam did." Ed told Darcy as a smile appeared on her face.

I'm really glad that she got good feedback from Katy and Ed. But she looked more nervous when it was the third judge's turn. Why would she be nervous?

"Darcy, who brought you to the auditions today?" The third judge spoke for the first time since she had walked out on stage. And at that certain british accent, I froze.
It can't be.

"Um....my aunt." She replied in a very confused tone.

"And what might be your aunt's name?" He asked with the same curious tone.

"Gemma?" Darcy replied, but it came out more of a question than an answer.

"Simon, shouldn't you be giving her feedback instead of questioning about her family?" Katy asked, hoping he would stay on track.

Oh. My. Gosh.

"Sorry, you were truly amazing. I loved it. Words can't describe on how much I loved it. It's a yes from me." Simon said quickly.

"It's a yes from me." Katy and Ed said in unison, which made Darcy, as well as me, smile from ear to ear.

"Thank you so much." She said happily, before she started to walk away.

But as soon as she turned to walk off stage, simon called her name.

"Darcy?" Simon spoke.

"Yes?" She asked curiously.

"Have you and your aunt come see me after the auditions today, okay? I need to talk to you." Simon told her.

"Okay." She replied before basically running off stage into my sister's arms.

I sat there frozen, while the commercials started playing.
What the heck was my daughter doing on some singing competition that I
clearly told her that I disapprove of? Why would my sister even think about taking my daughter there after I told her how much I disapproved it? And what the heck does Simon want to talk to my daughter about?

After about 5 minutes of thinking, I finally knew why Simon wanted to talk to Darcy after the auditions. I quickly picked up my cellphone and dialled Gemma's number.

"The number you have reached has been disconnected. Please check the number and try again later." The robotic voice said through the phone.

I quickly checked to make sure I had the right number. Yup, it was the right one. Without even thinking, I decided to call my daughter, hoping for better luck with her. But once again I got the robotic voice. Why would they change their numbers?

Before I got myself too worked up and even more angry than I already was, I decided to watch the show from first auditions to the judges' house. If she made it to the live shows, I'm going to go barging into that studio and drag Darcy out kicking and screaming.

--

A/N

And I'm back!

》Love, Leigh XXX