III. Keira's audition

Keira Malik)

"Listen, you're going to be fine. There's no need to stress. You're amazing, so there is no way the judges can deny you." Mom told me before I walked on stage.

As I was walking out on stage, I noticed that three of my favourite celebrities were sitting at the judges' table. Simon Cowell, Ed Sheeran and Katy Perry. I thought mom said there was no need to stress. I think she was telling me that to calm me down. Well let me tell you this right now, it worked until I saw the judges.

"Hello sweetie, what's your name?" Ed asked, shaking me from my thoughts.

Oops, must have been zoning out.

"My name is Keira Malik and I am 17 years old." I replied. When I said my last name, I earned a surprised look from Simon Cowell.

"And what will you be singing for us today?" Katy asked.

"I am going to be singing 'A thousand years by Christina Perri'." I replied.

"Before you start, who's here with you today?" Simon asked.

"My mom." I responded.

"Your mom is Gigi Hadid or Gigi Malik now, right?" Simon asked.

"Yup." I responded.

"Good, just making sure. You can start now." Simon said before the slow music of 'thousand years' began to play.

"Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

Watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

I have died everyday, waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I've loved you for a thousand more

Oohhhhh ohhhh oooohhhh"

While I was singing the high note, I saw that the judges were looking at me in awe and adoration.

"One step closer

One step closer

I have died everyday, waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you a thousand more....

One step closer

One step closerrrrrrr....."

When I finished, the audience, Simon, Ed and even Katy gave me a standing ovation.

"You were amazing! It's a yes from me." Ed said happily.

"What he said. It's a yes from me." Katy said with a smile across her face.

"I'm glad to see a second generation come out and audition. Especially, someone's parent who became famous after the show. It's a yes from me." Simon said, smiling widely.

Second generation? One of my parents were famous? I thought, confused to what Simon said.

I was so focused on the questions that were going through my mind that I failed to realize that I had just made it through to boot camp. And when I did, I quickly jumped in the air with my fist in the air.

"Oh, And Keira?" Simon said as I was about to leave the stage.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Come and see me after the auditions. I need to speak to you and your mother for a few moments." Simon told me.

I just simply nodded before leaving the stage. And once I stepped foot off stage, mom embraced me in a tight hug.

"What was that for?" I asked my mom when she let go.

"For making me so proud of ya. I love you so much" She told me.

"I love you more." I told her as we returned to the waiting room.

There was still a lot of people in the waiting room when we had returned. So I guess you can say that mom and I had a long day.

--

A/N

Finally! I updated another one!

Sorry for the wait

》 Love, Leigh XXX