XII. Liam Payne

Liam Payne)

So I decided that tonight I was going to watch the first episode of the season of the X Factor. I mean, there's nothing else better to do. There were a couple people who had the same last names as a couple of old friends, but I didn't think of it. But I was definitely surprised to see one contestant in particular.

"Hello." He said to the judges once he was in front of them.
"Bear Payne." He replied.

"What's your name?" One of the judges asked. I don't know why but he has a familiar accent but I just can't seem to put my finger on it.

"And how old are you, Bear?" The red-haired judge asked.

"I'm 17 years old." He tells them.

"What song are you going to be singing for us today?" The only woman judge asked him.

"I'm going to be singing 'All of me by John Legend'." He replied.

"Cool. Let's hear it then." The woman tells my son as the music starts playing.

"What would I do without your smart mouth?

Drawing me in and kicking me out

Got my head spinning

No kidding

I can't pin you down

What's going on in that beautiful mind

I'm on your magical mystery ride

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me but I'll be alright...."

I froze when Bear opened his mouth. I was not expecting him to be that good. But both him and his mother know how much I dislike this show. They knew and Cheryl still brought our son to the auditions anyway.

Why would she do that? I thought.

As soon as my son finished the song, I immediately turned the TV off and was getting ready to make my way over to the X Factor studio to drag Bear home myself, when I had a sudden realization. What if he didn't make it through? So I decided that I was going to stay home and see where the show will take him.