Chapter Five

Emily's POV

I didn't sleep much last night, I hated adjusting to new places. I woke up about seven times from my tossing and turning.I woke up feeling tired and grump realizing James probably had stuff planed for today, I was quite happy with staying at home to get my stuff sorted.

I dragged myself out of bed and opened the curtains to let in some unwanted light. I screeched at the brightness. It looking boiling hot outside. Better be getting used to this. I walked over to my bathroom and looked into the mirror, "well this is a scary sight." I said to myself. I pulled my make up bag out the night before and placed it in the cabinet so I wouldn't have to look for it this morning.

I applied a simple and chic look and then pulled my hair out of the messy bun I had slept with it in. It was a mess to to say the least. My hair was naturally dead straight and I hated it, but today was going to be an exception because I was way to lazy and tired to curl it. I brushed it out and pulled a few strands from the front to the back and clipped them was a white bow. I walked out to the closet full of most of the clothes I had unpacked the night before. I chose a navy blue short jumpsuit and white sandals. I made my bed and tried tidying up my room. 

As I walked into the kitchen I bumped into James. "Morning." I said smiling. He laughed and replied "if you consider this morning." I looked at my watch and realised it was 1:00pm. "shit, I'm sorry James, I didn't set my alarm." I said walking over to the fridge. "Don't apologize, When I arrived here, I slept for 24hours straight." I laughed at the comment and took out the milk and cereal. "Where are the bowls?" I said looking at James. "Top corner cabinet on your left."

"So, where is everyone?" I said sitting down with my bowl on frosties cereal. "Daniel, Jai and Beau went to the peer to skate or something like that. I think Luke is either in his room or out taking photos." he said rolling his eyes. 

I had gone to bed thinking about Luke that night, how we are so similar. How gorgeous he was. Even though Jai and him were twins, they were completely different. I thought about the fact I could possibly be falling for Luke, and about the fact he would never ever go for his best friends ugly cousin, so I shook the thought from my mind. 

I was snapped out of my daydreaming with my phone buzzing. It was my mom asking how everything is;

"Hi Love, Just checking how you are? How is the house? Is the weather good? we're missing you loads back home. I love you Em xx

"Hey Mom. I'm great and the house is amazinggg! Its a scorcher outside. Love you too xx"

"That's good! Have fun on your first day, have to leave for work now. Talk later sweetie xx"

I smiled at how my mom was still calling me 'sweetie' at 19. She was really my rock, and we had definitely grown closer to each other after my dad died. 

"Hey Em, Should I take you for a look around." James said giving me a small smug. "Why would I turn down that offer?!" I said laughing. "Let me Just grab my bag upstairs. I said putting my empty cereal bowl into the dishwasher and running upstairs. I wasn't looking were I was going and bashed straight into Luke. "oh sorry Emily." he said blushing. I giggled and said, "No, it was my fault, sorry.  James was about to take me around LA, do you wanna come?" I said before even thinking through what I had just said. "Yeah, that'd be great." I'll meet you downstairs." he said smiling. That smile again. That one that could light up the world. It was amazing.

I realized I probably looked like a freak looking at him and quickly snapped out of my thoughts. "Yeah okay, great." I smiled and then ran to my room. I quickly grabbed my brown tasseled bag from the hook behind my door. I then got my sunglasses, purse and other essentials, then running back downstairs to find James and Luke both on their phones waiting for me. 

"I'm done." I said smiling a huge grin. "Great, lets go." said Luke. "Yeah, umh Luke I just need some help with something outside by the pool. Em, you can get it the car so long." James said gesturing to the front door.

Luke's POV

I knew James was going to shit on me about coming with today, like I was going to stay home alone. James waited for Emily to shut the door behind her and then quickly turned to me, "Luke, I wanted to talk to you about last night, I was wrong about what I said, I didn't mean to say those things. I'm just stressed out with Emily as my responsibility you know?" he said to me. I was shocked at what he said but I replied "No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't get involved with Emily, she is your cousin." I laughed at how stupid we were both being last night. "Great because I hate fighting with my best friend." James said bringing me in for a bro hug. I hugged back and said, "We should get going." I said standing up from my seat. 

Today should be a good day. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- hello :) I'm sorry this chapter is shit. I promise the next one is going to be good ;)

If you read and vote, comment telling me, and I'll give you a shoutout on twitter :o my twitter- @lemonxziall ;) xx