Chapter One

Percy's POV:

I was panting, and blood was in a pool around me. We had just defeated the Giants and Gaea. I smiled at everybody. Nobody was seriously hurt, except me. I knew I was dying, but I kept on a brave face and smiled. But that's when I first started to feel the pain. Excruciating pain. I was stabbed in the fight, and I knew it would kill me, but I kept fighting. I screamed in agony.

"Percy! Percy, what's wrong! Somebody get Apollo!" Annabeth screamed.

I smiled at her. Annabeth. My Annabeth. I never got to tell her...

"Percy, son, look at me. You have to stay with us." my dad pleaded. He had tears in his sea green eyes that mirrored mine.

"I love you, Dad. Tell mom I love her too, okay? Tell her that....that I'm happy that I s-saved Olympus again. Tell her that everything is going to be okay, that everybody is going to be there for her. Tell Paul that he was great and he has to take care of mom. You have to take care of her too Dad, okay?"

He nodded vigorously.

"Promise?"

"I promise Percy. I promise" he whispered. Tears were rolling freely now. His eyes were restless, like the sea during a storm.

"Annabeth?"

"Yes, Percy?" She asked, crying silently.

"I love you. Know that I love you, okay? Know that I always loved you, and I always will. I love you, Annabeth Chase. But please...when I'm gone....move on. I need you to be happy, and I can't hold you back from that. I love you, but when you love something, you have to set it free, right?" I laughed a little, but then winced.

"I love you Percy. You can't leave me. Remember the future we planned? Getting married? Having kids? You can't leave me Percy. I need you! I love you! You can't leave me, Seaweed Brain!" she said, sobbing.

"S-something permanent. You need to follow your dreams, b-but I won't be able to be by your side. Build something, Wise Girl, something that will last forever."

Everybody was staring at me, tears rolling down their cheeks. I smiled weakly.

"Goodbye, guys. I-I'm happy to know that I was able to take one last stand. One last stand for Olympus. Goodbye." I smiled, took in my last breath, and closed my eyes for the last time.

"He's gone." Nico murmured.

"All Hail Perseus Jackson. Hero of Olympus. The Defeater of so many of our enemies. The Greatest Hero to have Ever Lived. All Hail Perseus Jackson, Son of Poseidon. All Hail Percy Jackson, my Favorite Son." Poseidon boomed, tears rolling down his cheeks.

I cryed while I was writting this. Percy is my favorite character. Read, comment, follow and vote