Chapter 14: Diapers, Bottles, and Pacifiers

A/N: HEY Y'ALL HEY! I AM SO HAPPY TO SHARE THIS CHAPTER WITH YOU! THANK YOU FOR READING AND CHECKING OUT THIS STORY, IT MEANS SO MUCH THAT PEOPLE ARE READING! I LOVE YOU AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!

AND DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW AND VOTE!

HOPE YOU ENJOY,

ALLY XO

                                                  Chapter 14

               Avery's POV

              2 weeks later

"Oh this is going to be so much fun!" Miss Mary said happily. She interlaced her arm with mine and I laughed at her giddiness.

It had been two weeks since Miss Mary found out about my pregnancy and she was crazy to get me out shopping for the baby. I laughed and said no. All my friends would see me, and they cannot know. I feel like I've told too many people already! Miss Mary said she would drive me to the next town where she knew of a cute baby shop. I became less paranoid and agreed to go. When we arrived at the shop, it wasn't at all like I expected.

It was a small old wooden shop, that was probably smaller than my bedroom. I looked at Miss Mary about to complain, but she looked so happy I couldn't ruin this for her.

"Oh it's been so long since I've been here!" she said smiling. Then she gasped as we walked inside. "Oh Avery dear, isn't it just lovely!" she said looking around the shop.

I could hardly contain myself. The cutest shoes, shirt, skirts, trousers, dresses, hats, sunglasses, and tutus for babies filled the entire shop. Pink and Blue everywhere. I put a hand on my belly. The whole shop was cute and quaint. With a fireplace far back in the shop it gave it a homey feeling. The curtains were all homemade and it smelled like honey and vanilla. Suddenly I heard a shout. 

"Mary!" An elderly woman shouted excitedly at Miss Mary. The woman was very short probably as short as Miss Mary 4 foot 10 stature (A/N: I don't mean to offend people at this height!"). With a pair of glasses on her face, behind them blue eyes. She was adorable with her blue dress and white shoes. She looked like a Old version of Alice in Wonderland. She had a big smile on her face as she enveloped Miss Mary in a hug.

"Meredith! Oh my! It's been years since I've seen you!" Miss Mary said returning the hug. After a quick reunion, Miss Mary introduced me to the lady.

"Avery this is my childhood best friend Meredith Keyes. Meredith this Avery Miller, I work at Avery's house in the city and she is so lovely." Miss Mary said to her friend.

I smiled at Meredith. "Nice to meet you Ms. Keyes." I said thrusting my hand towards hers. But Meredith chuckled and gave me a huge hug.

"Nice to meet you dear, and please call me Meredith." She said smiling wide at me. I smiled back at the kind old lady and nodded.

"So what brings you here Mary, and Avery?" she asked.

Miss Mary's tone went a bit more serious as she explained why we were there. I hung my head a little bit. I didn't want to see Meredith reaction to my pregnancy. But I didn't hear a gasp or a shout. Just Miss Mary's voice. Someone lifted my chin up and my eyes fell on Meredith's blue ones.

"Don't be ashamed dear, you need to hold your head up high. The deed is done, their is no way of changing the past. This baby needs a strong woman to raise it, and I know you can be strong." she said her eyes never leaving mine. I nodded and exhaled, and recollected myself.