~+Chapter Four~+A Reunion Left In Tears

The wizard walked towards the front door and opened it slowly to reveal the final guest. He was rather well dressed compared to the rest of them that showed up. Lina could feel her heart racing, like it could literally jump out of her chest any second. " Gandalf. I thought you said this place would be easy to find. I lost my way. Twice." The familiar voice spoke. The sound of his rough deep voice sent chills down the woman's back. " I wouldn't have found it at all had it not been for that mark on the door." Thorin informed. He removed his cloak and folded it up and handed it to his nephew, before turning back to the wizard, when another voice interrupted.

"Mark? There is no mark on that door. It was painted a week ago!" Bilbo bellowed as he got passed the dwarves and now stood before the wizard and Thorin, demanding an answer.

"There is a mark; I put it there myself." Gandalf quickly informed before things were to get out of hand. "Bilbo Baggins, allow me to introduce the leader of our company, Thorin Oakenshield."

"So...this is the hobbit." Thorin began as he approached the halfling. The dwarf was a little surprised at the old mans choice, he was expecting someone more warrior like; not someone who looked as if he had never even stepped foot out his door. Lina had crept her way over to stand by the others, but kept herself hidden from the leader. Thorin had begun to do a walk around the frighten fellow, trying to make him feel smaller then he already was. " Tell me, Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?"

"Pardon me?"

"Axe or sword? What is your weapon of choice?" the dwarf continued.

"Well, I do have some skill at conkers, if you must know, but I fail to see why that's relevant."

Lina watched as Thorin gave a heavy sigh, looking to his comrades, "Thought as much. He looks more like a grocer than a burglar." The Dwarves chuckled at this and Lina's brow arched. She never seen this side of Thorin. The Dwarf she knew from long ago was kind and gentle. " You, there!" The prince said, pointing at Lina. The half-breed was deep in thought when Thorin spoke, pulling her from her memory of the last time she saw him and Lina realized he was looking at her. Come, closer." He ordered. Lina suddenly felt her heart pounding in her chest and she slowly walked forward toward the dwarf.

Thorin looked at her for the longest time. Their was something about her that seemed familiar. She resembled someone he used to know long ago, but it couldn't be her. He had searched for years for her and the only word he received on the young princess was that she died in the wild. Something else confirmed that this was not his friend from his past. This woman had a scar on her left cheek. "Who are you?"

Lina was shocked hearing the words come from his mouth. Did she really look so different from the last time they saw each other before Smaug came? This was exactly what she feared would happen when she saw him. It hurt her more than she thought it would. The half-breed hadn't realized she just stood their frozen in her spot and she jumped when Thorin suddenly raised his voice at her. "Speak!"

"My n-name is Lina" She answered. Thorin narrowed his eyes at her, wondering what a woman was doing here. Balin sighed to himself in disappointment.

"Who asked you to come here?" He demanded next.

"She's here, because I asked her to be, Thorin." Gandalf interrupted, stepping towards the leader, ignoring the sudden glare the Dwarf shot him.

" You think it wise to bring a little girl, on this quest. Send her home." Thorin hissed to the wizard, before following the others into the kitchen. The half-breed glared at the prince from behind. Who was he? This wasn't Thorin. This Dwarf was arrogant and cold towards everything that he believed to be below him. The woman suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder and she looked up to see it was Balin.

"Evelina, I'm sorry lass." Balin whispered, seeing the hurt on her face.

"I guess I was foolish to think after all these years he would still remember me. The truth is. He's not the same Dwarf I remember. The Thorin I knew is gone....I'm sorry Balin, please forgive me. I think I'm going to get some air." Before the elder Dwarf could convince her to join the meeting, the young woman had left out the front door. Lina sat on the bottom step, the tears coming down her face. The princess wanted more than anything to tell Thorin who she really was, but the way he looked and yelled at her, stopped her from saying the words. How could he have forgotten her all this time? They're wasn't a day that didn't go by that she didn't think of the Dwarf prince. He had turned into such a handsome dwarf. His voice still sent chills through her, causing her stomach to flutter and the eyes. Evelina could just look into those eyes and be lost forever. They were so sad and yet at the same time full of caring. But what did she expect. It had been almost two hundred years since they last saw each other. It it occurred to her now that Thorin never had the same feelings for her as she did for him. He just thought of her as a little sister and nothing more. Her eyes stung when that thought plagued her mind.

Evelina had no idea how long it had been since she went outside to let the tears come out when she could no longer keep them in when the door slowly open. The half-breed quickly wiped the tears and turned to see Balin closing the door behind him and joining her on the steps. "Lass, are you alright?" He asked her, taking a seat.

"Oh, yeah I'm okay." She choked out as her tears betrayed her and once again flooded her face and the elder dwarf wrapped an arm around her in comfort.

"Evelina I promise he will remember you. Just give him some time." He said softly as he held her close. Inside the home, Thorin was wandering the home when he peered outside the window by the door, to see his adviser consoling the young woman in distress. He couldn't grasp, why he was comforting this stranger that was joining his company, that he had so blatantly agreed to allow on this journey, after much convincing from the wizard. The prince grunted before leaving the depressing sight before him. This evening wasn't going as well as the prince had hoped. The wizard's burglar had refused to join them, and a woman in the company, which was not part of the plan. Thorin decided before he received anymore terrible news, he and his men gathered in the room with the hearth and began to sing a song about their long lost home. Balin had kindly excused himself to join the others.

Lina came in not much later, after she dried her last few tears and realized they were singing about that day, the dragon had come and it made her heart sank as she curled up, against the wall and closed her eyes wishing this horrible night would just end.

*Hey Everyone, I am so sorry I have not updated in some time. Things have been kinda crazy in my life and I just haven't had the time to update!!! Thank you all for being so patient and hope you'll enjoy the chapter!!!!! :D :D :D :D <3 <3 <3 <3*