Studio Time

Brantley POV

  I'm in the studio in Nashville with Scott and we have been working on an arrangement for Baby Be Crazy and I feel like something is missing its not what I have in my head. In getting frustrated and they call up and say Savannah is downstairs. I tell them to send her up. Savannah comes in and gives me a kiss and hug and immediately asks "what's wrong"
"Well I can't make Baby Be Crazy sound like I hear it in my head"

"Let me hear it" she tells me. I almost say no but I look at her and say,"Okay" I nod to Scott and he  does the playback.
I watch Savannah as she listens and she nods and says" I get what you are saying, now go in the booth and sing it again, think back to the beach and everything that you felt when we had that conversation "

I look at Scott and he nods at me. I go to the booth and I close my eyes and hear the tracks while thinking about our midnight stroll and how I asked Savannah to take a chance on me and how people would say she was crazy and she asked me to be crazy too.

When I went out Scott was smiling and he hit the playback and I listened and that was it. I smiled and kissed Savannah and said,"thank you baby now what do i owe this visit to?"

"I was shopping with Brittany and she was meeting Jason so I came here to see if I might get a sneak peak of the new music.

"Always a fan first aren't you?" I joke with her.

"You know it" she tells me.

Scott asked what else I wanted to talk about.
"Well I want to do something different with this album, I want to put out a deluxe version that has 26 songs, 5 demo songs, 5 live at Red Rocks, and the 16 new songs. I was thinking we could do a red version and a blue version with one having the demos and the other having the live songs. I want this one to be epic Scott and give my fans what they have been asking for with some of the non released songs from the early days and then some of the live show that I haven't ever done before."

"BG I think that is a kick ass idea, but that means you have got to pick the 10 extra songs but please say You Promised is gonna be one you do. " Scott says.

"Yeah man I don't think I would have any fans left if I didn't finally release that one for them to have on something besides Youtube. So we can get this done? "

"You pick the songs BG and we will get it done. Now what do you say I give you till tomorrow and you can get me the 10 extra songs. You can email me them if you aren't staying in town but heading back to Georgia for the holidays."

"Well I already have them picked Scott this is how much I wanted this and with finishing Baby Be Crazy that's all we like is adding those 10. So I plan on going on home and getting settled in before the holidays and the radio tour starts. After we stop by the bus place and order a new bus one that is bigger for our growing family."

Savannah looks at me and grins cause she has been talking to Caroline and Faith and Katie about what works and what doesn't with a baby on tour. She is amazing and she is all mine.

We are driving back to the house after ordering the bus and Savannah said," when do you want to get married?"

"I don't know baby I thought I would leave that up to you" I tell her.

She smiles and said," okay I will let you know
I have a doctors appointment on Monday with the doctor that Dr Jacobs recommended".  I smile and ask her "what time baby"

"10am I take it you want to go with me?"

"Hell yeah darlin I'm going with you"  that causes Savannah to laugh and I can't help but laugh with her. The rest of the ride home was like that teasing and laughing or singing with the radio. She amazes me and I know that I am so lucky to have her and tonight I plan to surprise her.
We get home to Georgia and I take her hand and lead her into my music room and have her sit on the couch. She looks at me and I say," I know you have been dying to hear the new music so before anyone else hears it I want you to hear it and tell me what you think"
I go to my computer and hit play and I watch as she hears all the new music and the five unreleased demos. She doesn't say anything as she listens but there are tears in her eyes. I am a little scared because tears are not what I expected. After it finishes she comes to me and kisses me with tears streaming down her face.
"Baby what's wrong?" I ask.
" nothing is wrong thank you for that album, I know your albums are chapters in your life, the things you don't talk about and listening to that well it just gave me the knowledge that you were truly happy"
"Savvy I am happy, I have my woman here in our home carrying our child, do I make you think I am not happy?"
"No you act happy but your music is where you can tell how you really are, I love you and our life we are building together but this album is the proof to me that you are too. I worry that you aren't because we have done this backwards and I got pregnant before we got married."

"Oh princess I love you and our peanut and I want to marry you but I also know that if we get married right now you will always wonder if it is because you are pregnant and I want you to know that I love you and wanted to marry you before you got pregnant. "

"I know that you love me and this album shows that you are happy and in love and it's freaking amazing!! How are you gonna decide the singles? That is the question?"

I laugh and say "well that is some of me and a lot of Scott but the first one is The Weekend, now that you have heard it how about we go get something to eat and get in the bed cause I have a surprise for you tomorrow."