Prologue

(Edited Verison)

You haven't had the greatest life, but it wasn't always so miserable...

You were born a half-human and half-demon. 

A human father, A demon mother. A pairing not quite accepted in your little town. But nonetheless, your parents completed each other.  A "match made in heaven" you can say. A mechanic by day and a musician by night that was your father. And a seamstress by day and a singer by night that was your mother. They complimented each other perfectly. 

But one unfortunate similar they had was...

Ink Illness.

Which you inherited as you grew up, but this didn't stop you from being a curious and joyful kid. You had a completely overactive imagination even when you were sick in bed, you'd try and make your parents smile.

As you got older, your mother taught you how to sew and you two would sing together while your father taught you how to play guitar as he worked on cars. From watching your father's work, you slowly learned about mechanics as well.

One of the memories you cherished the most was your 14th birthday, your parents had given you a journal as a gift.

You examined the journal in your hands, running your hands over the cover and flipping through the pages. "This is where you can write your thoughts down sweetie," My mother said as she handed you a pen. "Or song lyrics~," My father said as he hugged your mother from behind. Your mother chuckled as she kissed his cheek. 

"You guys are gross.." 

You faked a gagging expression at the sudden PDA. Your parents chuckled. 

"But thank you for the gift," You clicked the pen as you flipped to the first page, you ran your hand over the page. You admired the journal in your hands. 

You read the first page.

"Happy Birthday Y/N~ Love, Momma and Pappa"