Chapter 1: Confusion

I was really in the bad mood that day. Saturday. I wanted to yell at him through the phone. I already planned this day for us. I even rushed the papers that I need to review and sign. It was two long weeks since the last time I saw him. He always makes excuses in time that I want to see him. Something was wrong. I didn’t even know yet. I always have been a trustful person.

            “Do you have to come to work now?” I asked.

            “Well, you see babe, I’m in situation of getting my boss’ attention for promotion. Hope you understand babe.” Frank replied.

            “I do understand babe. It‘s just that . . . I planned this day for us. . You know it right?”

            “Yeah and I am really sorry babe.  And I think this is for our fu. . “His voice trails off. “future right? I need to go now babe.”

            “. . but can we see each other . . “He’s gone on the line. “Tonight?” I replied.

            I threw my phone harshly at my bed and lay down myself. I don’t know what is happening but there is something wrong.I stared blankly at the ceiling and think what will I do today. I’ve already cancelled my dates with my girlfriends. It would be rude if I just zap it out because my boyfriend didn’t show up today.

            I felt helpless and wanted to cry. But it wouldn’t be reasonable to cry for nothing. I mean he didn’t just show up because he is doing something really important. I sighed and think the something else to do. Then it pops into my mind. I should go to my guy and ask him to have lunch out with me. There will be no excuses at all if I show up and ask him out.

            I stand up happily because of the thought that I can still see him today. What a bright idea of mine. I walk straight up to the bathroom and took some shower. It took me an hour in there because I really do prepare for our meeting. I didn’t want to disappoint him. I mean I am beautiful even without makeup and fancy things but I am a person that will do everything best for my lover. I sorted my clothes in the walk-in closet and look for the best dress to wear. I found a pencil cut teal-colored tube dress. I’ll just cover it with a blazer. It looked formal and suited for classy restaurants.  It looked lengthy but due to the long legs that I have it falls right in the mid of my legs. Quite cute and classy but I only want the best. Then, I wore a Christian Louboutin black pumps and took my Event Saint Laurant black clutch bag.

            I drive out my Bentley which was given by my father at my 25th birthday. Yes, it was expensive but he told me that it is nothing compared to what I had contributed to our company. I drove for about an hour just to get in Ortigas Center. He was working in an advertising company as an Assistant Marketing Director. He was quite impressive because he reached that position in just four years of working. He’s on the line for promotion as a Marketing Director. That is why he is eager to do everything just to get that position.

It was 11:48 am in my cell phone and he will be out for bit. I called him again but he didn’t answer. So I decided to go his office located at 32nd floor. When I’m about to go to his office, someone blocked my way. It was Henry, his best friend. I smiled but he’s looks confused.

            “Hi Amy! What are doing here?” He asked.

I frowned at the question. “I’m going to see Frank and ask him out for lunch”

“Frank?” he frowned.

“Yes. He worked today. We planned to go out but called it off because he must go to work.” I pouted my lips just like a kid.

“You really look cute when you do that but. .uh. . Frank is not here.”

“You are kidding me, right?”

“NO. Seriously, he’s not around. Why don’t you call him up?”

“Oh.” I paused for a second. “About that, he’s not answering his phone. I might just go to his pad.”

“No! Don’t.” then he sighed.

“What?”

“I mean don’t go there. He might NOT be there.” Emphasizing the word not.

“Then, where will he be? I mean he called off our date today for nothing?”

Henry kept silent. There was really something wrong.

“Henry, tell me. Is there something you want to tell? Is there something Frank hiding from me?”

He looked down at his shoes.

“Face me Henry!” I raised my voice a little so I will not get any attention. “Is there something wrong with Frank? I mean in the past few days he’s always making excuses. I don’t want to think that Frank is doing something wrong or worst cheating on me but I can’t help it.”

“I must go Amy. You better ask him.” Then he walked away from me. There was something Henry and Frank are hiding from me. I wanted to cry at the moment but I am not yet sure. I left the building for a matter of time. I don’t know where to go yet when I got in the car. I’m pissed for what happened. There is something the both of them hiding from me. I can’t believe Frank is lying to me. He never had done that before. I sighed for a long and closed my eyes before I drive out. 

A/N: I've already published this before but need a major editing so I pulled it out last month and made some character changes and so on so forth. Hope you still like it! =D 

Drop some comments or review. Thank!