Chapter 3: Cheating

Chapter 3: Cheating

            I parked my car near the building where Frank is staying. My heart is beating so fast signaling I will burst into cry in any minute. I walk past through the merging traffic across the streets. I saw the guard who had known me. I nod my head to them and faked a smile. I didn’t bother to greet them since I wasn’t not in the mood. I rushed to the lift and push the open button. My hands were shaking for I knew that there is something I might found out later. I leaned my head at wall of the lift after pressing the 14th floor button. I can’t compose my thought due to the nervous that I felt at the moment.

            I immediately went to his pad as the lift’s door opened. I stop for a moment in front of his door and took a deep breath. I didn’t dare to knock nor ring the bell since I had a spare key. I slid the key into the keyhole and gently open the door. No one seems around but there was a mess. I can’t believe that Frank had been like this for the past few days. I knew him to be neat and clean. He doesn’t want to be like this mess.

            I walked towards the living room and look for them. I didn’t see any shadow or a bit of them. There were clothes on the couch and on the floor. The television is still on but I didn’t bother myself to turn it off. I stood still and look at the surroundings. The clothes we’re scattered along the aisle of the bedroom. His bedroom. When I got to the front of his bedroom, I notice there were pieces of woman’s underwear. I picked it up and clenched my hand with it. I was nervous and I felt like my knees were going to wobble. I hand the knob and slowly opened the door. I heard heavy breathing and moans.

            I opened the door widely. I was right. He is cheating to me. I can see their naked body in the bed. I couldn’t believe in what I am seeing now. They’re having sex. They didn’t notice me since I was like a mute for a second. But blood rushes throughout my body. I’m still shocked and I can’t move.

            “Frank?” I said.

They stopped and both of them looked at me. They were shocked. I met the eyes of Frank who’s slowly standing up. He grabbed his boxers which lied on the floor near his bed and wear it. He ran towards me. I heard the woman saying “honey” but didn’t bother him to look at her.

            I stood still. I could feel my knees weakened. I felt like passing out. I breathed shortly so I can keep up my tears. He hugged me coldly and faced me. He held my arms and I can still see the shocked at his face. I couldn’t think clearly. I can’t hold my tears anymore. It fell down to my cheeks. I can feel the pain inside me like a knife cutting slowly.

            “Frank?” I said. I don’t know what to say anymore. He still held my arms and looked at me in the face.

            “Amy.” He said. “I can explain this.” I waited for couple of minutes. I want to hear his reasons. There must be reasons. But I couldn’t found my words anymore. He kept silent.

            “He cheated at you, Bitch!” The woman said. I turned my eyes to see the woman. I don’t know her. She looks familiar but I don’t know where I’ve met her. She stood naked. She didn’t mind if I see her naked. She’s beautiful with long wavy black hair that falls down to the mid of her arms. She’s quite attractive by her looks and with the way she acts, she must be a slut.

            “Yes. I am a bitch and you are a slut!” I answered back.

            “You!” she ran towards me and reached my hair. I’m not really into fight but always ready myself if there is someone who will grab my hair. I love my hair that much. I pushed her and slapped her face. She was shocked but still acted that she’s going to reach up my hair again.

            “Stop it Claire! Stop it!” Frank blocked her way and held her tightly. So she’s Claire. Wait. Claire Legaspi. I could remember her now. She’s a model at the fashion show of my mom. What the hell! “You must go now, Amy. I’ll explain later. Please forgive me!”

            I turned away and burst to cry. There was a heavy feeling inside me. It’s killing me inside. The scene that I’ve found a while ago had been tattooed on my mind. I slammed the door as I walk out his pad and ran to the lift. The minutes that I stayed in the building were the longest time in my life. My heart pounded like it was cutting into pieces. I breathe heavily as my tears fell down.

            I wiped my tears and composed myself before I walk out of the lift. I looked for my keys in my bag as I walked down the streets to get into the parking lot. As I got into the car, I sighed first. I grabbed my phone and dialed my best friend’s number, Ysa.

            The ring lasted for about three times when Ysa answered. “Hi Amy!”

            I kept silent for a second. “Amy?” she said. Her voice now sounds a little worried.

            “Ysa.” I held my breath.

            “What’s wrong Amy?”

            “Frank cheated on me.”