Chapter 9: Caught off guard

            I laid my body in the bed. I stared at the ceiling for a moment. I had been exhausted with the past events. I couldn’t cope with the twists and turns. I stopped thinking and relaxed my mind. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. It felt like it was my first time to breathe. I bit my lower lip. I recalled what happen before I got here in my room.

            “hmm…I think I am that person.” Then he burst into laugh. I was flabbergasted with what he had said. I couldn’t believe that I’ll meet a foreign celebrity. To think, he saved me from an unfortunate event.  I glared at him. He stopped laughing. ”What?”

            “Are you really Adam Wood?” I still asked him. He smiled and moved his body near me. He was so close again. I moved backward in a little bit. Then he spoke.

            “Yes. I am Adam Wood. I played Nick Angelo in the five movie series of The Other Side. Do you know that film series?” he moved back. He sensed that I was not comfortable with our closeness.

            “Yes. Actually, it was one of my favorite movie series. I loved the cast especially the main one.” I slipped my words without thinking. Actually, it was really my favorite.

            “What? You like me then?” He smirked. I blushed. I couldn’t find any words to say. Stupid tongue! I should’ve have think before I say anything. He stared at me. He was curious about me liking Nick Angelo and him the one who played it.

            “Umm…to tell you the truth, you really looked familiar with me the first time we met in the airport. It was just I couldn’t believe that I am facing you. You were my crush back then. You were so cute.” I looked down slowly so I can hide the face.

            “Crush back then? Why? Don’t you have a crush on me now?” He asked. Why he’s asking about things like that! It was really embarrassing to tell to him the truth.

            “Yup!” I said hesitantly. He seemed didn’t notice my hesitation so I continued to talk. “You were cute then. But now, umm… you looked like a stalker.” I laughed at what I have said. He laughed at me too.

            “You know, you are really cute even when you’re angry, or scared, and even laughing. You laughed carelessly! I like person like you! I remember someone like you...” He stopped. He was going to say something about someone. Someone like me? Who is that someone? “Are you okay now? I mean is there something hurts in you?”He continued.

            “Well, my head hurts and I have colds. But anyway, thanks to you I’m probably dead by now.” I smiled at him.

            “Are you hungry? My assistant bought some decent food outside but it is still healthy.”

            “mmm..Yes. I’m kind of starving now. But is it okay to eat that? I mean do the doctors or nurses allowed it?”

            “Yes. I asked them before I instructed my assistant. So just relax now, I’m just going to arranged this.” I looked at him. He was concern at me. He put the soup into a bowl. I didn’t know what is it but it did smell good. He walked near me and seated again at the bedside. He was holding the bowl. He spooned a little. He was going to feed me. ”Here.” I took the soup. It was warm. I stopped for a moment and spoke.

            “You don’t have to do this. You don’t have to feed me.” I told him.

            “mmm…Let me nurse you. Just let me be, please?” He pleaded. I nodded at him. I stared at him while he’s busy feeding me. He was quite for a while. I didn’t know what he’s thinking. He was so gorgeous. I mistakenly identified him as a stalker.  I was so stupid. I’ve been careless since Frank cheated on me. All my plans faded in just a second. He changed a lot. I think I have to change too. I have to change being stupid and naïve. I have to be smart now when it comes to the game of love. If love wants a play, I’ll have to play it.