Chapter 15: River Cruise

It was almost seven in the evening when I heard a knock on my door. I already prepared myself. It was a bit hasty since he will pick me up by seven. We just got back by 4 in the afternoon. I curled my hair and put it into up do style. I was wearing a Leopard lace tube in black and nude color. I put a patent croco waist belt to accentuate my curve. I wore some jewelry: ring, earrings, necklace and bracelet. I wore the usual jewelry of a woman. I partnered it with a black peep toe faux suede shoes. I grabbed by trench coat since it will be cold outside. I took a last look in my mirror to see myself. All were in perfect place

            I got my clutch bag and walked straight to the door. I opened it expecting him to be there. But he was not. It was his assistant, Jake, who smiles at me.

            “Miss Amelia, come with me.” He smiled as he led me to the lift. Where is Tim? I thought he would pick me up. I clenched my fist because of disappointment. Why would you get mad at him? You weren’t his real girlfriend.

            He led me to a car outside the hotel. He opened the backseat door and I got myself in. He went in the front and seated at the driver’s seat. He drove out in the streets. Where are we going? I asked myself. However, I did not dare to ask him. I looked into my phone to check if there are any messages from him. There was none. What is happening?

There were lots of thought in my mind as of now. As we got farther and farther, the streets seem to be familiar. It was the way to the port of Bateaux Parisians River Cruise. We’ve been there yesterday. We rode it the cruise to see the Paris while cruising the river of Seine. I wanted to see at night but I was afraid I might get lost again.

            Then, I remember earlier this day. We were at the café again. We’ve been tired from shopping for souvenirs for my parents. We’ve traveled around Paris for almost two weeks when he told me he’s going back to London.

“I’m going back to London the day after tomorrow.” Tim said. He waved and smiled at the people who recognized him. I’ve been tagged along with him every now and then. We’ve been together for almost two weeks. I’ve been recognized as his girlfriend by the media. I also had a photo shoot with him for a cover of a magazine. I was even invited in an interview in a talk show. I couldn’t say no after all. It was fun to be with him. It was like my heart has been recovering so fast. I was glad that I was lucky to be guided by a celebrity in all tourist spot here in Paris. However, I was afraid of falling for him. I didn’t think much of the consequences. I didn’t even think it will end as soon as one of us left Paris.

            “Oh.” I pouted. He turned his head towards me and looked into my eyes. I was pressured by his gaze so I look down to my hands and pretended that I’m playing with my fingers. He, then, reached out my chin and held it up.

            “Are you sad?” he asked. I wonder if he could sense that I will be lonely if he will be gone.

            “Nope.” I answered back. He put away his hand and slouched. “I already expected it. So are you done with your work here?” I lied.

            “Yes.” he smiled. “All my work here was done accordingly except for the incident. You know?” he was still a bit worried about it.

            “Oh okay. So you won’t bug me anymore then?” I smiled at him and crossed my arms. He laughed while shaking his head. He was so handsome mostly when he laughed. Now, I knew why there were girls screaming at the airport. This hot hunk has a killer smile. He could make a girl faint by just blinking and smiling at her. This guy has been the center of fantasy by most girls and gays. How lucky I am. I thought.