Chapter 5: The Escapade

Chapter 5: Escapade

            Sun rays coming from the window awaken me. It is so bright that I have closed my eyes again and turned away from it. I opened it again and observed the room where I was. It wasn’t my room. The room was plain and deserted. The walls were painted dirty white. There was another room near the couch. It must be a comfort room. I feel like I’m in the hospital. There was a table at the corner of the room. I also noticed a hose connected to me. Then, I felt a bit pain in the hand where the dextrose is connected. The door swung open and I saw my mom. She rushed towards me and hugged me tightly.

            “Oh! Amy. Thank God you’re awake!” cried my mom.

            “Mom, I can’t breathe.” I joked at her. She let me go and faced me. She is really happy to see me awake. I smiled at her. “Where am I Mom?” I asked.

            “We’re in the hospital. You passed out two days ago. You were dehydrated.” She answered.

            Now, I remember what happened. I felt my heart again going numb. Tears start to form again in my lids. “Mom…”

            “Amy?. . .” she sighed first before asking me. “What happened?” I know my mom knows already what happened. She was hesitant to ask me but I know she wants to hear it from me.

            “Mom. . .” my voices trails off then I looked down at my hand trying to keep up the tears.  I looked at her again and met her eyes “Frank cheated on me.” Then, tears finally rolled down my face.  I told her every details of what happened. I wept like there is no tomorrow.

            My mom kept silent. I can sense that she is holding her words. I couldn’t blame her. They didn’t like Frank since then. Then she broke her silence.

            “Oh! That man. He hurt my baby, my precious daughter.” A tear fell down to her left cheek as she hugged me. She was crying then. “I should not let him get close to you!”

            “Mom, is Dad already knew about this?” I asked. She distanced herself facing me. She was worried of what she’s going to say.

            “About that, yes. He already knows about it. He was mad at him. Really mad.”

            “What did he do Mom?” I sobbed and got worried. My father is very noble but when it comes to his family, he’s much overprotected. I’m afraid he might do something bad at Frank.

            My mom looked down. I knew that she’s worried too. “Your dad. He got so mad at him.” Her voice trails off. She kept silent for a minute. My heart beats so fast that I almost can’t breathe. I asked her again. “Your dad looked for him and punched his face.” She replied. I sighed momentarily. I thought that he might hurt him more than that. I was relieved by what my Mom said. “And. . . Who was the girl again?”

            I looked at her. It was of the model she hired from the agency she contracted for her fashion show. “Claire Legaspi.” I answered coldly looking down while fiddling my fingers.

            “That. . . slut!” I looked at her and astonished with the word came out of her lips. She never used profane words in front of me. “I knew she would be a problem with me. The day she complained about the dress she’s going to wear.  I should have known better.” She continued. “Well, dear. She better be ready. I’ll do everything in my power not to let her stay in the industry I loved most.”

            “I don’t know, Mom. Maybe, you just let her be. Remember, karma goes around.” She hugged me and tapped my back.

            “You are really a good girl. I just wished I can help you with your heartaches now.” Then she faced me and smiled.