Chapter 14: Recollection

            Here we are our next stop. Louvre Museum.  It was an old building built by hundreds of years ago that made itself a historic monument. It was one of the oldest and largest museums in the world. There are lots of people coming in and going out of the building since it was also one of the most visited museums around the world. According to what I’ve read in the net, it had thousands of paintings inside as well as relics, sculptures and antiques. I couldn’t wait to see it.

 I could see from where I stand the three pyramids in front of the Grand Louvre. It was dazzling in the mid day. I looked at Tim. He was taking pictures of the scenery. He could be a photographer by the way he sees things. I tapped his shoulder.

“Can I borrow?” I asked pointing to the camera. He took off the camera and gave it to me. I smiled at him and took a picture of him. It was a stolen shot. He didn’t mind at all. He must be adept to it. Why do you wonder? He’s a celebrity!

I walked around to see the surroundings. He went near the center pyramid which was the largest among the three. It was amazing to see a structure like that. I took a lot of pictures then decided to turn it back to him. Besides, it wasn’t mine at all. When I gave it back to him, as I was going to turn away, he held my wrist, turned me around and kissed me. His lips were so soft that I wanted to bite it but I dare not to. Then, I heard a clicking sound. He took a picture while he kissed me. Embarrassing.

“Why did you do that?”I asked poking him to show my irritation. I frowned and turned away. I walked towards the entrance of the museum. My cheeks flushed red and I could feel my ears are getting red too. Pressured. I hated this feeling.

“Where are you going?” he asked, walking past in front of me. He blocked my way so I stopped. I glared looking up to him. I did not answer so I turned away and walked past him. “Are you mad?” he continued to ask. This time I answered him without stopping.

“Yes. You always do that in public.” I did not look at him and continued to walk to the entrance. I was not really mad at him. I just didn’t like what he did. I walked to left to buy museum pass for us even though I hated his guts. He was still following me. I turned around and gave his pass on the museum. “You better behave or else I’ll leave you!”  Threatening him like a mother leaving her child. He just smirked at me and reached my cheek. He pinched and laughed. I frowned then turned my back at him.

I went straight to the Grand Gallery. There are lots of paintings in the walls. Also, in the aisle were sculptures of I don’t know how old. I wanted to see the painting of Mona Lisa but I was so amazed of the paintings around. I could spend a day or two here just to see all the paintings. What I really enjoy in looking at the paintings was the picture itself. I tried to think why the painting was made for. I looked one by one that I even forget about Tim. He was still with me. He was so serious looking on the painting of a nude girl.

“You seem to be enjoying looking at that.” It wasn’t a question but I made it that way. He didn’t dare to look at me. He was staring carefully at the picture of a nude girl. I didn’t know what he’s thinking. Maybe, he got hard on. Stupid thought! I shut it out of my mind. Then, he started to talk.

“You know, the one who made this painting has something to the girl in the picture.” I frowned. He was looking intently at the picture. “Maybe he was so in love with the girl.” He was interpreting every single lines and colors it has. I looked at the painting. Maybe, he’s right. The way the body of the girl had been painted. It was so fine and delicate. Every curve of her had been put into detailed paint. I smiled.

“I didn’t know you’re into paintings.” I turned my eyes in him. He was now looking at me. “You’re good in interpreting.” I complimented.