Chapter 4

On the road we're silent, so i decide to break the ice.
"How are you liking it here?"- I ask him.

"It's great, different from LA"

"where exactly did you live there?"

"Culver city, have you been there?"

"No, but I went to Pasadena one time,i've got an uncle there"

"Did you like it there?"

"Yes, it was great, I went to a bike trial with him, loved the altitudes"

"So you like cycling?"

"Yes, but not entirely, I like adventures, basically anything that gets my blood racing, you could call me an adrenaline junky I suppose"

God i miss it so much, I miss the adrenaline rush, feeling that I'm fearless to death, feeling that anything is possible.

It's silent again, I turn arround to look at him and he's just starring at me.

*celphone buzzing*

He then moves his gaze from my face and answers his phone.

I sigh and look out the window. It's pretty hard to live here because I don't really get to have 'fun' , I feel like I'm just breathing and not living. I love radical sports and if there's anything i could ask to have right now, it would be to get to feel like that again.

He's finished talking on his cellphone.

"You seem to like it very much" - *side glances me*

"I love it..."

"Can i take you somewhere else?"

"Where?"

"You'll see"

"What?- i giggle "Please don't tell me that you have finally came into your disturbed senses and decided to finally kill me" - I say in a sarcastic tone.

He bursts out laughing. "No, i didn't come into my 'disturbed senses and decided to kill you"

I chuckle.

"I hope so"

He looks at me briefly and smiles.

Once again I'm starring out the window.
As we pass by i see we're getting too far away from anything else, I see many trees as if we're getting into a forrest.

"Why are you taking me to a deserted place?"

"To kill you"

I considered it for a moment, but then I made myself believe that he was just trying to be funny.
I give an exasperated laugh.

There's a big wall at the end of the road.

He slows down the speed of the car almost stopping, and then a space between the wall starts opening.

"Where are we going?!" I give him an suprised plus scared look.

"Calm down i'm not going to kill you, this is too much just to kill a girl anyway"

"Then what is this place?"

I see a big arena...no, four huge arenas, crowded by people.

"You said something about being an adrenaline junky..." he looked at me and seemed to want to say something but then he shut himself and kept driving.

I'm still looking at him,hopelessly waiting for some kind of explanation but then i give up.

He stops the car on a cliff up the mountain were we can see everything down there. there are too many cars here.

"We're here" he looks at me then he gets out of the car.

Wow it's such a beautiful place. From this point of view this whole place looks like a....

"Is this a-"

"Yeah. Welcome to " The 'S' Republic"

"You're kidding right?" I give him a big soft grin.

He just replies me with an amusement smile.

"You know, I always heard about it, never really thought it was real..." I say more relaxed now, it's just so surrealistic.

"Yes, that's because we always just keep it to ourselves... there're people who aren't supposed to know about this"- he says looking at me.

Realising what he means I give him a positive nod.

"Of course, I won't tell a soul"

-----------------

I just can't stop starring at it. It's so beautiful that makes me want to be afraid of blinking, because then, I'll realise it's all just an illusion.

"What does the 'S' stands for?" I ask because I'd just realised we have been in this awkward silence for infinite minutes just starting at the view. But I'm also skeptical because I always thought that the arenas made an S viewed from the top.
His face is blank, and I wonder if he even heard question.

Not bothering to look at me he says "I don't know" almost whispering.
He clears his throat "so?" He then shifts his body towards me.

"So what?"

"What are you going to do first" he places a grin on his face.

"Well, I don't know. Everything?"

He laughs "alright, let me see what I can do for you" he throws his keys up than catch them, heading back to the car.

"So, what are you in this place?" I say following him to the car.

"Just a gamer" he smiles at me then starts the engine.