Lazarus

The way Lazarus dances, the only way to describe it is mesmerising. The paper white boy, the way he moves his hips and hands synchronised with the violin playing behind him. The dancing classes he takes pays off and combined with natural talent, the dancing is irresistible to men, Lazarus and Adrian have discovered with the street preforming they do. 

Adrian has played violin since he was very small to feel like he was special and that he could do something that his family couldn't. It worked for the first few years of his life, until his sister started showing signs of magic and all attention was turned to her. Adrian is a squib, which is quite a disappointing title in the wizarding world. Someone born of magical parents that possesses no magical abilities. 

Adrian's parents have kept him as connected to both the muggle world and wizarding world as much as they can but they can get confused by regular muggle stuff. Like when Adrian demanded a toaster one day because his best friend Lucas was talking about all the toast he ate that morning. The day ended with the tiles on the kitchen wall being a little darker than before and the kitchen smelling of burnt bread for a month.

Lazarus is Adrian's best wizard friend, their parents have been friends for ages, Lazarus and Adrian grew up together and even went to the same primary school but sadly had to part ways because of the magical boarding school, Hogwarts.

Adrian wishes with all his heart that he could go but he doesn't want to be like the janitor kind of guy the Lazarus complains about in his letters. 

Adrian's family has always visited Lazarus during the Christmas break which is when they preform at malls and train stations. Lazarus dances and Adrian plays violin, the perfect duo. 

Lazarus has this way with people Adrian has discovered, he can get anyone to do anything with just one look. Lazarus has tried it on Adrian and it works, the only people it doesn't seem to work on is women. All woman. So when Adrian gives people a look that says 'pay me I'm dancing' men comply.

Adrian finishes the song he is playing and the crown around, men and women alike, clap politely. Lazarus looks back and gives Adrian one of his award winning smiles. Lazarus has sworn that he has not charmed himself to look like he does, he just does, which is completely unfair in Adrian's eyes.

How can someone be so attractive and magic not have something to do with it? Adrian asks this to himself every time he sees Lazarus. 

"You think that's all we need for Christmas shopping?" Lazarus attempts to pick up the heavy violin case but fails, instead settling with picking up both the boys jumpers. 

"I think you just answered your own qu-"

"Can I buy you a drink?" Adrian gets interrupted by a man, in his mis thirties probably, asking Lazarus something, hoping to get somewhere with him. This happens every time and every time Adrian gets cut off.

"Sorry, I'm fifteen I can't drink." Lazarus shrugs his coat on and gives the man a smile before attempting to start the conversation with Adrian again. The man looks puzzled and frantically searches for something to say to keep Lazarus, the beautiful boy that belly dances from leaving.

"We could go to my house where everything is legal." The man tries to use some sort of sex voice that makes Lazarus's genuine smile turn uncomfortable.

"Uh n-"

"He's not interested weird pervy man so leave us alone. Buh-bye." Adrian interrupts Lazarus grabs his violin and case in one hand and Lazarus with the other, pulling him away from the man standing there dumbfounded.

Lazarus smiles grateful for Adrian.

"Stop that."

"What?"