Time Alone

The three were all sat in the living quarters, having just finished their portions of food for dinner. A few repairs had to be completed today, however only simple systems such as the elevator and the communications. Both Barry and Caitlin had spent most of their day together, Cisco doing what he was always doing in the storage segment. It was now week three of their time on the QAN, Barry and Caitlin both spending most of their time together, now being in a relationship together. Not much had been heard back from Earth ever since the incident with Barry's ship, however, they had heard from Earth that everyone was doing everything they could to figure out a suitable replacement and that there was nothing to worry about, as the solution will almost certainly be ready before anything bad could possibly happen.

"Hey guys, I received a transmission from Earth, one of us has to have a long conversation with them, so I am left to assume that you two will be fairly inseparable, so it will be me," he joked, walking out of the room and heading over towards the command ring.

"How has your day been?" Barry asked her, to start some conversation.

"It's been really good, thanks, how about you?"

"Good as well," he smiled back, the pair shuffling closer to one another as they did so, Caitlin burying her head into his shoulder, thoroughly enjoying themselves whilst sat in this position, the time they had spent together over the course of this journey making them happier than a lot of other things in their lives previously. It was as if they were somewhat meant for one another, finding each other's company incredible, as well as the change they had gone through just by being on this station, starting with two people that didn't exactly get along and now were in a relationship, happier than they had been in a long time. At some moments it almost seemed like a perfect environment, the pair just sat together, with the amazing atmosphere, the incredible view of space before them, cuddled up on the sofa. It really did make for the perfect environment. Even if they were constantly faced with new dangers, they still managed to find happiness out of the situation, managed to find comfort, managed to find each other. 

It was certainly a unique experience, being stuck on a space station and being in love, but it was certainly amazing, the two have not been able to stay away from each other ever since Barry returned from his near-death situation.

"So, do you want to go anywhere?" Caitlin asked, looking up at Barry with a small smile.

"Wherever you want to go," he replied, squeezing her hand slightly as he said it.

"Okay, well, how about we go to the sleeping quarters," she stuttered, before realising what she just said sounded like, stuttering slightly again, turning slightly red before speaking up again.

"I mean... because it's warm up there and quite comfortable," she said, breaking into a small nervous laughter as she said it.

"I know what you mean, don't worry," he laughed back, as the pair stood up and walked out of the room, heading to the second segment to find somewhere nice to relax.

-------------------------------------

It didn't take too long for them to reach the sleeping quarters, both of them had needed to steady each other in the elevator on the way up as they had both forgotten to buckle themselves in, mainly distracted by one another. They headed on over to the room where Barry slept, which was a fairly large room, consisting of two floors, the bottom floor consisting of a window out into space, which could also be changed to display certain settings such as a forest scene or perhaps a tundra. Some spiral stairs lead up to the second floor, which was consistent of the bed, which was a king size, two bedside tables, a few wardrobes which pulled directly out of the wall, revealing space for storing clothes. The walls had a faint detail engraved in them, the colour mostly being white with a few silver lines going across it for added detail.

The two sat down on his bed, turning the setting over to a nice open field, adding a small bit of atmosphere to the room, creating a fairly nice scene. Caitlin slowly shifted over towards Barry, eventually leaning directly against him, Barry eventually putting his arm around her, Caitlin resting her head on Barry's shoulder, causing him to place his head upon hers, both of the leant against the headboard of the bed. They sat in silence for a few minutes, simply enjoying being in the presence of one another, smiling and slightly blushing to themselves. 

"So, what do you think you will do after we get back from this?" Caitlin asked, shuffling ever so slightly closer to him, trying to close all possible space.

"Well, I'm not quite sure. To be honest, I don't particularly have much back at home, that is why I dedicated myself to the training full-time, I never really had anyone to go home to, so I guess I will see when I get there," he said, the tone of his voice possibly suggesting that he was attempting to hint at something.

"How about you? What will you do?" he asked out of similar curiosity.

"Well, similarly to you, I don't live with anyone, so life back home gets a little lonely, which is why I constantly spend most of my time doing work, it is just the environment I have gotten used to, I guess. You know, it would always be nice to have some company every now and then," she teased, smiling more than she should be at this point.

"Well, same here, I do often get quite lonely," he replied, the same tone in his voice as before.

Both knowing what the other was implying they simply shared a small look, subconsciously telling one another what their plans were. Barry couldn't help but notice how Caitlin looked, the small smile on her face made her look extra beautiful under the faint blue light that illuminated the room when the ship was in 'night mode'. The pair had been shuffling closer together over the past few minutes, leaning in closer and closer until there was more or less no space between them, both allowing their lips to interlock, breaking into a passionate kiss lasting a few minutes, each of their hands wrapping themselves around the other's back. They eventually stopped leaning against the headboard, rising up to their knees as the passionate kiss slowly evolved into a small make-out session, which only accelerated as time went on. As things got more intense, they both fell from their knees onto the bed, now lying down but not stopping the kiss that they had got themselves entangled in. As they continued, they eventually started to remove layers of clothing off from one another, again, continuing to remain interlocked by the lips, until everything had been sprawled across the room, the two tangling themselves up underneath the covers as the lights in the room slowly turned off, the station now being fully on the dark side of the Earth.

They remained together for the rest of the night, not leaving each other's grasp as they just simply enjoyed being together, close to one another, never parting from each other. Despite current circumstances, they had still managed to find what may possibly be the happiest moment of their lives whilst being practically stranded on a sinking ship.