Chapter 16: Shane and Hallie's Date

Hallie's P.O.V.

Well, Shane asked me out on a date. This is how it happened.

*Flashback*

I was under a tree, doing my homework. I was going to go and visit Phoenix and the rest, but decided not to. I had to admit, I was liking it here in Auradon.

But that didn't mean I wouldn't stop helping Mal and Malia from getting the wand. I wanted to impress my father so bad.

He sometimes yells at me and stuff, but I guess that's his way of showing how much he cares.

Sometimes, I wished I could see who my mother really was.

My father has told me many stories about her but I was hoping to meet her someday.

I then saw Shane walking towards me. He sat down beside me and placed an arm over my shoulder.

"Hey, my little pirate." he greeted. I smiled.

"Hey, Snow Prince." I told him.

"I was wondering if you wanted to, you know, go on a date with me?" he asked me.

My eyes widened and I felt a smile grow on my face. "Hmm...sure." I replied.

"Okay. I'll pick you up after school." he told me.

We spent the rest of the time together under the tree. I was really falling for this guy.

How would my father react to this, though?

*End of Flashback*

I was currently getting my hair and makeup done by Lonnie and Tina.

Evie wanted to help out, but Lonnie suggested she take a break, since she spent about two and a half hours on Mal.

Evie then decided to take a break and went to meet up with Doug.

Lonnie took me to her dorm room along with Tina.

"So, is Shane going to be your date at the coronation?" Tina asked.

"Yeah. He makes me feel special for once." I told her.

"Guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island, huh?" she asked me.

"Pretty much. I have a mom that I don't know. My father doesn't really pay attention to me, and this is the first time I feel wanted." I explained to her.

"Hallie, Shane loves you. I can tell. You think he's scared of a villain? Why do you think he asked you out? Because you are worthy of being happy with him." Lonnie told me as she began doing my hair.

She ended up having it in between straight and curly with a braid on it.

Tina asked me if I wanted makeup and it took a lot of thinking before I told her that I wanted a natural look. so I just had mascara, a bit of eyeliner on my top lids and lip gloss.

I wanted to go natural and let my face breathe for once. Tina put the makeup on me.

"Here. Why don't you try these on?" she told me as she showed me a silver dress, gold jacket, and black boots.

I went to the restroom and changed from my Isle outfit into the new outfit. The dress stopped just right on top of my knees, and the gold jacket fit my figure well. I put on the boots and then stepped out.

Lonnie and Tina gave me a smile as I walked out.

"You look beautiful. Come see yourself." the daughter of Tinkerbell told me as she guided me to the mirror.