Chapter 1: He's My Drug

Vanoss' POV:

My breath hitches. I feel it get caught in my throat, but try to ignore it. He stands in front of me with that same smile he always has. He knows how to drive me crazy everyday, but he doesn't even know he's doing it. His brown hair falls in front of his right eye and he just swiftly runs a hand through his hair. His perfect blue eyes stare at me, and I stare back deeply into them.
"I called you last night," he said to me. His voice seemed far away. I look at him, and he gives a worried expression. "Evan? You okay?" He asked me. I quickly snap out of it, and look away.
"Yeah. Sorry," I said to him. He waved it off with ease, and I wonder how he can stand me so easily.
"Let's go get something to eat. I'm hungry, and I haven't eaten anything today," he said to me. I nod, and he leads me to his car. We were standing outside in my yard, and were talking. I had woken up and gone to get the mail when he stopped by. We drove to the nearest dinner, and went in and ordered something.
As we sit there, my mind wonders a bit. Just looking at him, I lose my train of thought easily. So I look out the window. I feel a hand touch my arm, and I snap my head in his direction. He gives a small smile, but looks worried.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Jon asks me. I just give a nod. "Okay... If you say so," he says, not wanting I push me any further. "Hey, uh, the rest of the gang will be joining us here soon. We still have no idea what we're doing for the mouth, but I sent a message to the group chat for suggestions. Nogla thinks we should go to Disneyland, and so far he's only gotten positive feedback on it."
"I guess we're going then," I say, giving a shy smile to him. He smiles wider, and I look away with a blush.
Looking out the window again, I get to thinking again. I like to think about things, but sometimes it's dangerous and scary. Our minds can be a scary place sometimes. And I worry once I get into it, I might never be able to escape it. Jon is my blocker. He's the wall that keeps me from thinking about the bad things, and I'm always happy when he's around. I just wish he could always be here with me.

Me and you have been friends for as long as I can remember, but I don't know what's changed. I've thought over and over on that same question. Somedays I have sleepless nights because of it. Maybe I'm going insane. But there is something different.
When we're together, you makes me laugh. And when we're apart, I want you. I crave for more of the happiness you give me. You're like a drug to me. You are in my veins and there is no way to get you out. And I'm the one to blame for what has happened this past month. All of it is my fault, and I'm sorry Jon. I shouldn't have let you in, and it was all my fault. There is no way you can forgive me, so what I'm about to do is for your sake. I know you won't remember me, but please remember that sorry.
And I... uh.... never mind. I shouldn't tell you... it will only make you hate me more.

There will be some triggering parts in this story, so please be warned beyond this part. Thank, have a good rest of your night or day.