t e n

Fun in the Sun

*James' P.O.V.*

I threw on some swim shorts, and since it was the middle of the summer, I just went shirtless. I grabbed a towel and some sunglasses and headed out to the living room. There was still 30 minutes left, so I turned on the TV. Big Time Rush was on! I love watching the old episodes. It reminds me of how close the guys and I were back then, and it reminds all of us that it's important that we stick together. The episode turned out to be the hour special, Big Time Movie. I was about 10 minutes into it, when Aubrey came out to the living room.

"Ellie just texted me. She said her and Caroline went to the bathroom and Carlos and Logan are waiting outside the bathroom for them. They're all worried about us. Can they come with us to the beach?" Aubrey explained.

"Sure!" I exclaimed. Why not let them come anyway? The more the better.

"Great!" Aubrey exclaimed. A few minutes later she turned to me again. "Logan, Carlos, Ellie, and Caroline are coming. Kendall and Kaitlyn wanted to stay and watch the movie," Aubrey reported, "They said they'd meet us there," she finished.

"Ok! Let's go!" I shouted, racing her to the beach. When we arrived at the beach, I put my towel in the pile, while Aubrey stole my sunglasses and put them on. I eventually caught up to her and stole them back. "Thank you very much," I said as-a-matter-of-factly. We decided to go into the water so I set my sunglasses with my towel and the sunblock. I soon found out that Aubrey was a great swimmer. She could swim fast, and hide if she needed to. She kept popping up out of nowhere and splashing me! By the time I would recover and go to splash her back, she would disappear again! This girl is something. A few minutes later, Logan, Caroline, Carlos, and Ellie showed up.

"Hey guys!" Logan, Carlos and I shouted at the same time. We had to do that in the show and now we just do it automatically.

"Dorks," Aubrey said before diving back into the water, Ellie and Caroline running after her.

"Hey that's what Kendall gets called! Not us!" Carlos shouted, even though Aubrey was already far underwater.

Out of nowhere, she popped back up for a quick second and said, "Sorry Los," before going back under.

"How did she- What?" Carlos stuttered. I laughed and ran after Aubrey into the water.

*Kaitlyn's P.O.V.*

I can't believe they lied! They were supposed to get snacks, but no. They had to ditch us and leave us here to be worried sick. Next thing you know Caroline and Ellie ditch us too, along with Carlos and Logan. What does Caroline think she's doing, getting all in my business? I have known Aubrey ever since I was 2 years old and now suddenly her new best friend is CAROLINE. Ugh! I bet she's just here for Logan. Also, what's Ellie's deal? She only became friends with Aubrey because Ellie is a friend of one of my friends, Melissa, and Aubrey only met Ellie through Melissa. Caroline is a friend of Ellie's that Aubrey met over FaceTime. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the movie because a few minutes ago everything was warm and it was summer. Now Anna is meeting a talking snowman named Olaf who apparently likes warm hugs. I've heard a lot about Olaf. I caught myself smiling because Olaf was just so cute. I looked over at Kendall, who had a large smile plastered on his face. He reached over and held my hand in his. Kendall was so sweet!

*Ellie's P.O.V.*

I searched the water and looked at all the beautiful creatures. I had gone home real quick to grab a towel and goggles, so I could see where I was going. I turned to see Carlos, who had some goggles on as well. We swam for a while, looking at the shells. All of the sudden, I couldn't find Carlos. I looked around for a bit and spotted him. He motioned for me to come over to him so I swam over to him. I saw that he went up above water, so I followed. Carlos was holding a broken sand dollar in his hands. I looked closer and I could see six perfect little pearls.

"Here, they're for you," Carlos said, placing three in my hand. He kept the other three. I promised myself I wouldn't loose them. I quickly swam to shore and showed Aubrey, who miraculously appeared on shore the pearls before putting them in a little bag I brought for shells. In case you haven't noticed, I loved to find shells. They're just so beautiful! I quickly swam back out to Carlos, and swam hand in hand with him. He then turned to face me and pulled me into a deep, passionate kiss. It went on until we couldn't hold our breath any longer. We swam up above to the surface and continued our kiss. After a few minutes, Carlos pulled away. He gave me a tight hug and whispered into my ear, "I love you."

"I love you too," I whispered back, barely audible. It's true. I loved him and I never wanted to let go. Unfortunately, I had to because it was getting dark. We swam to shore and dried off, before Carlos laid out his towel and cuddled me, making me forget everything else that existed, except for him.

*Aubrey's P.O.V.*

"James?" I asked him, waiting for a reply.

"Yeah?" he said, putting all of his attention towards me.

"It's getting kind of dark. I think we should head back to shore," I suggested.

"Yeah. Let's go," said James.

"Race ya!" I quickly spat out, before diving into the water getting a head start. I knew he'd complain about it later. When we got back to shore, I realized I had forgotten my towel. Even though the beach house was just a few yards away, James took his towel and wrapped it around me before going to get another towel. He soon came back, and I caught myself staring at his abs.

"Aubrey?" he said, snapping me back to reality.

"What? Oh. Sorry," I apologized. With nothing but a laugh, James scooped me up in his arms, carried me over to his towel and laid down next to me, gazing out at the horizon. We watched the sun set, before a thought came to mind. "Where is Caroline? I haven't heard a peep from her or Logan all day!" I asked. Ellie pointed to the other side of the beach.

"There," she said, rolling her eyes in boredom. I looked to see Caroline snuggled up on Logan's bare chest, Logan still awake and smiling at Caroline. They're such a cute couple! Oh they would make the perfect Valentines Day couple! If only it weren't so far away. Soon enough I drifted off to sleep in James' arms, my thoughts continuing to my dreams.