XXVI

Harmony

"Favorite color?"

"Pink."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm dreading of asking why."

"It's a pretty color." I defended.

He laughed looking back up at the sky. "For someone like you It is."

Constellations formed in the sky. It lit up with stars that shone brighter than usual tonight.

"Can I ask you something?"

"I suppose your going to anyway."

I propped myself on my elbows to stare at him. "What really happened to Kain? He can be so.."

"Gruesome then nice." He finished for me. "I killed Kains mate." No remorse laced in his voice.

I don't understand. "But Winter-"

"Is not his mate. Winter was rejected by her own mate and she helped Kain get over his depression over the loss of them."

"Them?"

Scar let out a slow breath. "She was pregnant."

My eyes widen.

"Kains wolf was ,is, very distraught by the killing. It's hard for him to control him when his wolf takes over."

Never did he speak of regret or the reason behind it but I had to know. "Why would you do that?"

He was terribly silent. Almost if he was reliving the day. "Something very special was taken away from me and I knew the aching of pain that happened once it was gone. I wanted everyone to lose something just as I did."

"To be apart of my pack you would have to be willing to sacrifice someone special to you. Although a lot of them were unwilling. They knew no other pack would stand against me in a fight. Family members sacrificed themselves. Kain figured because he was my brother he'd have to not comply." He paused looking directly back to the sky. "He was wrong."

"Ken was an orphan so I made her give up something she needed; her sight. For Mecca it was his mother. Hannah it was her father. Luca his entire family, he cared to much about them. Scarlet it was her son. Carter his sister."

The sickness in my stomach started to rise. They had to give everything up for what reason.

"If Roy was apart of my pack Reese would be dead." He continued. "They are just friends of my parents who check on me from time to time."

"What will I have to give up?" My mother nor Colt really meant much to me. It wasn't like the hurt that everyone else experienced.

"Nothing of much importance." A deep chuckle escaped his lips. He shook his head standing up. "I want to show you something."

I stood to my feet hesitant. "The last time I went somewhere with you, you lied to me about your life."

"Trust me." He held his hand out towards me.

A murder, a liar, a masochist,a abuser, someone who tried to kill you wants you to trust them.

"Okay." I placed my hand in his.

We walked over the edge of the cliff. The way his lips rose in a sadistic smile made me back away.

There is no way in hell.

He yanked my arm pulling me towards him then quickly dropped it. I noticed his hand now had scorches like fire on them.

Scar pulled the sleeve of his shirt over his hand before grabbing mine. "Just stand on the edge."

I moved to the edge trying my hardest not to look down.

I backed away. "That's a long fall."

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

He reached out his sleeve covered hand. "Trust me?"

Scar gave me so many reasons not to but his eyes told me to.

I placed my hand on his sleeved covered hand."I trust you."

"Good." He pulled us off the edge as our bodies began to fall. The wind mixed with adrenaline made me smile. Scar looked over to me grinning. "This It the fun part."

Our bodies clashed with the sea. I swam up to get air. "That was so fun. Did you see how we were in the air? It was like we were flying."

I knew I sounded like a kid who's first time it was being in an candy shop. The feeling of being in the air and feeling like you have no limits is liberating.

"Lets swim." I looked around for a finish spot. A light house sat on the other side of the sea."Whoever can swim the fastest to the light house wins."

"And what do I get when I win?" He said cockily.

"Just make sure you can keep up." I got in my swimming position. "On three we go-"

"Three." He said, taking off swimming.

"Cheater." I yelled following behind. I ducked under the water admiring all of the beautiful sea life.

Scar glided my hand across the fish. I smiled at him. We swam side by side looking at all the sea creatures.

A group of school fish swam away when Scar tried to touch one. I toppled over laughing at his pissed facial expression. 

We made it to the light house, our clothes dripping.

The moon seemed closer on this side. "There's dry clothes inside." He opened the door to the light house.

My mouth dropped at the flights of stairs.

We made it the top breathless well I was breathless.

A few clothes laid on the side next to a white couch. This must be his hideout or something. "I like it here."

He only nodded not facing me. "I haven't been here in years." 

Changes in his mood was clear to me. I moved to stand next to him. "We should stay the night here." I didn't miss the surprise look on his face.

"You serious?"

The hint of excitement in his voice made my heart beat rise. "I mean why not. It's beautiful here."

I reached for one of the shirts that laid near by. I pulled off my wet jeans and shirt, leaving me in my bra and underwear.

A hand reached for my shoulder turning me around.

His eyes shut close. His hand hovered over my shoulder before he finally touched it.

It was like it was hurting him.

"Thank you for today." Raged, like he'd been in a fight, he spoke.

I raised my eyebrows curiously. "Why are you thanking me?" It was his idea. Shouldn't I be thanking him.

Finally he open his eyes. The moon reflected off of them. Making them even more desirable.

He swallowed hard. "For not being scared to fall with me."

Moving closer to cut off any space between us. He leaned down hovering above my lips.

My body stood perfectly still.

He seemed to be in an internal battle with his thoughts.

We stared at each other breaking whatever battle he had going on. "Fuck it."

My lips crashed against his.

It was a biting desire of mine to feel his lips on mine.

It was almost to intoxicating to think about.

I will remember  the kiss we shared, our lips raw with love and how he gave me everything he had and how I offered him what was left of me.