09

All you ever do is make me cry

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Rolfy." 

"You just know it's me? I didn't even say anything." 

"I just know it's you because you're the only one that calls me. Remember?" 

"Mmm, yeah." 

"Rolfy?" 

"Mmm, sorry what are we talking about again?" 

"Are you at some party? Wait, rephrase: is there a party at your house?" 

"Oh that, yeah. My parents are gone for the weekend so I invited some friends over." 

"Your friends . . ." 

"Yeah . . . is there a problem with that?" 

"Nope. Luna Trickle approves of this." 

" . . . Looney, are you alright?" 

"Of course I am. What's your order?" 

"One coffeeless caramel frappuccino, two chocolate chip mocha, six midnight mint mocha please." 

"Nine drinks?" 

"Yeah, not a lot of people like Starbucks I guess." 

"How many are at your house, Rolf?" 

"Like fifty-something people." 

"I thought you were anti-social." 

"Is fifty a lot of people?" 

"Rolf, twenty is basically a whole school. I guess I imagined you wrong then. My bad." 

" . . . crap." 

"Rolfy?" 

"Look, Luna, to be honest and completely arrogant, I'm popular. I'm a bad boy. I'm not who you think I am. I-I lied to you. I'm sorry." 

" . . . omg." 

"Luna, I really didn't want to freak you out and all but I don't want to lie to you either. I'm the football captain, there are girls swooning over me all the time; remember that Emily? She begged me to come. And I didn't go because—"

"Rolf, are you telling me that—"

"—It felt wrong to go out with her and be all nice when I didn't like her. It felt rude since—"

"Your order's on your way." 

BEEP BEEP BEEP

" . . . I fell in love with you."