10

I might be young, but I ain't stupid

Talking around in circles with your tongue  

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I had talked to a popular person. I literally dropped the phone, babbled out the order, and worked like some dazed person until I ran out of Starbucks like some mad person. 

Bad memories rushed back to me. 

When I was in elementary, I was that weird kid that always got bullied. And those bullies were always a popular person. A-And one day, something happened to me that changed my life. It was my biggest, deepest scar. 

And I avoided anything that stirred my trauma. 

Until now. 

Rolf didn't seem like a that kind of bad person. I may not know popular people but I knew myself; I was always judged by them. I shivered as I walked as fast as possible. 

They were probably laughing their head off by now. 

"Hi, are you alright?" 

I looked up to see a familiar face. "Hey! You're West right? I remember you," I smiled. 

"Yeah, anyways, you seem kind of . . . I don't know how to say this but insecure," West said, raising an eye brow at me. "You sure you're alright?" 

"Yeah, I'm totally fine," I replied. "Just a little shocked right now." 

West paused for a moment, as if hesitating to say something or not. "Umm . . . I really don't know how to say this," he said. "But I know you." 

"Of course you do, you came to have Starbucks the other day," I said in confusion. 

"No I mean like I know you're Luna Trickle," West said, scratching the back of his head. "I'm . . . Rolf's friend. He wanted me to make sure you're okay after hanging up on him." 

My heart raced and I literally couldn't do anything. I breathed deeply, "Y-You're Rolf's friend?" I honestly had no idea how to react. "Um . . . hi . . . ?" 

"Are you okay? He wanted to make sure you were definitely okay." 

"I'm okay. You're a good friend, West. But please tell Rolf that I hope . . . we never meet in person." 

" . . . are you serious?" 

" . . . I-I don't know." 

I really didn't know.