16

Just a touch of your love is enough

To knock me off my feet whole week

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"I didn't really think it was going to hurt others at first," I started. "But now that you say it, I played with too many people's heart and hurt too many people." 

"But you're changing," Luna smiled at me. "That's the important thing." 

I nodded, tucking a wisp of hair behind her ear. We were on swings, having ditched Sara and West somewhere in the Central Park. 

There was a lull. 

"When I was thirteen, I got raped." 

It hit me so hard, I almost fell out of the swing. Taking a deep breath, I looked her with shock etched all over my face. 

"I-It was from this high schooler. He was known as the 'bad boy' of our school. W-When he was doing . . . doing it, he told me it was all for his reputation, that I should be honored. I couldn't do anything . . ." Luna was trembling as she said it, her eyes glued to the ground.

Sudden anger washed over me as I watched Luna's fragile shoulders tremble. Tears welled up in her eyes. I placed an arm around her, pulling her up from the swing and embracing her. 

"I-I-I was so ashamed of myself. I couldn't do anything," Luna said in a muffled voice, burying her face in my shoulder. 

"I'm so sorry," I whispered in her hair. "I'm so sorry." 

"I know. I-I'm sorry for myself as well." 

I pulled her closer, inhaling her scent. 

"I promise you, Luna," I whispered. "Nothing bad will ever happen to you from now on."