Chapter 3

As soon as I heard the announcement, I went to run out of the door to see what was happening, but Amy grabbed me.

"What are you doing?" She whispered so no one would hear us as I could now see people running around outside my cabin door, they were obviously panicking about our situation. 

"I'm trying to see what's going on," I whisper turning around to leave again.

"Uh, no you don't! Captain Snow just announced that this is his new Cruise Games, so your just going to walk out there basically asking to be killed!" She said sarcastically, obviously referencing The Hunger Games. Her voice was louder this time. She was acting brave but I could see the fear in her eyes.

Just as I was about to speak again, I realised that the panicking outside had stopped. But at that point, the panicking in this room only grew.

Then suddenly, a man poked his hear around the door. He looked only a few years older than me.

"More passengers," he said under his breath then began speaking, "Hey all passengers should head to the main deck, everyone's gathered there. We're trying to figure out what's goi-"

"How do we know we can trust you?" Amy interrupted as she stepped in front of me and put her arm out almost protecting me from him.

"How do I know I can trust you?" He said with a smirk, which just made Amy angry but a small blush rose to her cheeks where she was embarrassed.  Then he started to walk away and Amy motioned for me to follow.

She stayed in front of me the whole way constantly checking if I was still behind her. I could tell she was giving the man dirty looks from behind.

She's never acted like this before, I mean the dirty looks are normal and she normally is the badass-mum of the friendship group, but she's never been this protective over me. I wonder if it's just our situation, or if it's something else...

I realise that they've picked up speed, so I follow swiftly behind. Soon we reached the main deck where we saw that the man wasn't lying.

All of the passengers where here.

Amy stood closer to me to make sure I was okay. Still standing in front of me.
There were some people standing at the front of the crowd on large boxes, just big enough so we could see them from the back. Everyone was chattering. I did hear some people screaming and crying, but who could blame them when something this bad is happening.

"Quiet, Quiet!" The people at the front began to shout. I expected it to take a while to get all 5,132 passengers to be quiet, but as soon as the began to speak, silence flooded the ship. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"Alright," the man at the front began, "Before anyone asks anything, no, we don't know what's happening, we came on here expecting a nice holiday too. We've tried to get into the captain's control room but it's locked from the inside. Also, we've tried to contact as many people as we could but it's no use, there is no connection for our phones, and there's no land anywhere to be seen. We've sent some flares up into the sky but I doubt that anyone would have seen them."

There were some murmurs from the rest of the passengers.

"Come on Jade, we're going to the front," Amy said grabbing my arm and dragging me through the crowd, excusing herself all the way through. I felt quite embarrassed as everyone was staring at us for just pushing through the whole crowd. But Amy noticed that I was embarrassed so she gave everyone who looked at us a dirty look. This did make me feel better, it is nice having Amy looking out for me all the time.

As we got to the front, the man began again. "Alright, calm down. We think that as the captain is expecting us to... kill each other, we will have to kill some people sooner or later." He hesitated with this last part.
"We think that we should split into groups. We think that we should split into 20 groups, which leaves about 256 of us in each group. We want to lay down some rules that 1. No children under 12 or pregnant women are to be killed... without permission. 2. You can't kill anyone while they are in their cabin or here on the main deck. 3. You can't kill anyone in your own group until there are around 150 people left in the group. We know that this sounds like we wanted this to happen, but with all honesty, we never wanted any of this to happen, and we are truly sorry about all of this. I wish good luck to everyone."

He then proceeded to separate us into 20 groups. Amy and I ended up in group 12. Our group went to the cafeteria so that we were all there together with no other groups.

"Hello everyone, my name is Joey Singer," said the man that was assigned as our group leader. He looked only a few years older than me. "So I think we should make a strategy while we are here. What should we do first?"

"Get the captain!" Shouted Amy, storming out and up to the captain's room. I followed behind her, and so did some other people from the group. I heard Joey shout "Wait" right before we left but Amy didn't listen.

As we got to the captain's room, Amy tried to open the door. But the man was right, the door was locked from the inside and there was no way to get in.

But Amy didn't think that.

She started to kick the door in. She kept kicking it, and kicking it, and kicking it. I told her to stop and that she wouldn't be able to do it. But just as I say that, the door smashes open to reveal.... an empty room???

"Where is he!" Amy screamed. The rest of the people that followed us just stared in awe as Amy smashed everything in sight.

"Where is he! How could he do this to us then leave!" She screamed louder. I could tell her anger was getting to her.

"Amy stop!" I shouted at her. She stopped in her tracks.

"This isn't the type of thing to be doing right now. There are so many other things that you could do instead of trash this office, so let's just go back downstairs with the rest of the group and try to figure things out." I say trying to calm her down. But as I finish talking to her, she turns around with tears streaming down her face.
*************************************
Hi guys!!!
How did you like this chapter?
Also, am I changing tenses throughout the story or is that just my imagination?
If I am just point it out in the comments.

Question:
Why do you think Amy is crying?

Thank you for reading!!
I hope you liked this chapter!!!
Byeeeee