Chapter 35 : Future of Us

Jack:

"Oh. Okay. By the way, I need your help on something." Elsa said as she grinned, almost challengingly.

"Why do I get the feeling that I won't like it?" I said, unsure, looking at her doubtingly.

"Knowing you like to fly around? You will." She responded.

Elsa motioned her fingers to for me to come closer. She lean forward and started whispering in my ear.

"I'll have these invitations duplicated and I know I can finish it in a jiffy. So, since Anna and Kristoff aren't here, things will be easier to do. While I write these invitations, accompany Gerda to the town and buy whatever it is needed in the kitchen, ingredients and all that for Anna's birthday so that we wouldn't be rushing when the time comes. After that, this you will like, I need you to deliver the invitations. As fast as you can. You up for it?"

Oh, my dear, I am ready.

"When shall we start?" I responded with confidence.

"Right now." She ordered.

"Roger that, my Queen. I'll be back soon." I said as I kissed her forehead and flew away.

"Gerda, ingredients, invitations. Phew, that's a lot of work." I say as I went to the kitchen to look for Gerda.

I immediately found her, told her of what Elsa instructed and off we went to the town.

Elsa:

As soon as Jack left, I was all alone in the hallway then I realized something. What if the guests don't believe in Jack?? How will they see him??

I need to come up with a plan to make them believe. Think Elsa, think.

I kept thinking as I made my way back to the study room. I sat on the chair and started to contemplate.

I could make the theme winter, but it would be unfair to Anna. I'm sure she would understand but, I want it to be about her. Not me or Jack.

"What if I put a quote somewhere?" I mumbled to myself. "Yeah. That's it!" I exclaimed.

Now that I knew what to do, I thought of something that Jack usually says. I started from the day we first met. Something about fun.

"Was it, 'I just thought that maybe, you need a little fun'?" I asked myself as I reminisced. "Yeah, I think that's it. That'll do."

I just thought that maybe, you need a little fun. - Jack Frost, Spirit of Winter and Guardian of Fun.

I proceeded on writing the invitations, including the quote about Jack. I started with the invitation for Aunt Primrose and was followed by the others.

Minutes turned into hours and before I knew it, it was already night time. I heard a knock on the door, I glanced and saw Jack.

"Need help, my Queen?" Jack offered.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I'm nearly done anyway. I did some improvising a while ago."

"Yeah? What for?" He asked as he walked towards the table and positioned himself behind me.

"For you." I said, looking up so that I could see him.

"Me?" He pointed himself.

"Yeah, you. Take a look at this." I said as I handed out an invitation.

"Huh? You quoted me. Oh, I know what this is about. It's so that people would believe in me? Right?"

"That's right. Frost the invitations a little. That'll add the belief needed." I beamed.

"Alright." Jack leaned in and touched the pile of invitations with his finger and in an instant, they were covered in frost.

"Here. The last package. That is for Corona. Do not forget that. That's very important. Make sure it-" Jack suddenly kissed me out of the blue, holding me tight in his arms.

"I know, I know. You don't have to tell me over and over. And by the way, I'll be doing some winter spreading as I go. Will that be okay?" Jack said as he broke the kiss and began being so full of himself.

It was cute and a bit annoying, in a way. But as long as it doesn't get him into trouble, it's okay.

I cleared my throat, knowing that I was starting to swoon over him. "Of course it is. That's your job. And also I trust you with that, okay?" I say pointing at the letter for Corona.

"I got this, don't worry." He said assuringly.

"Be safe." I hugged him tight and gave him a kiss once more.

"I'll be back later tonight or by morning. I love you, Elsa." He said as he opened the window.

"I love you too, Jack." I say in response then I watched him fly away into the dark night sky.

That night I couldn't sleep. I don't know why but I just couldn't so I decided to 'have a little fun'.

I went to the kitchen and made myself some hot chocolate and went out to the garden for some fresh air.

I sat on the grass and looked at the stars and the moon above. The moon was shining so bright tonight.

I took a sip of my drink and daydreamed about the future. I laid down for a while, still stargazing.

"I wish Jack were already here with me." I mumbled. I raised my hand in front of me and started to make some snowflakes. I chuckled as I danced in my palm.

What if we get married someday? And have kids? Will they have ice powers same as us? I thought to myself as I stared at the dancing snowflakes.

I know that Jack was a spirit and that he's immortal and I'm not. But I guess we could make it work. "Right?" I said as I gazed at the moon.

It didn't answer. I sighed and sat straight drinking the hot chocolate that was now cold.

"We'll make it work." I assured myself.

I started to use my powers to make snow fall in front of me then, I drew a picture of me and Jack and some kids. One or two would suffice.

I felt lonely. What if it doesn't work? I'll die and he won't. What if we break up because of this?

"I don't know what to do if I lose Jack. He's the first man that I ever loved." I whispered as I sighed once more and shrugged at the thought. Marriage is still a long way from now. I don't have to bother myself with such things.

I went back inside and headed for my chamber. It was dark and quiet. I laid myself on the bed and stayed like that for quite some time. I was starting to think about me and Jack again so I diverted my attention into wondering what Anna and Kristoff were doing.

I hope that they're having fun with the trolls. I thought as I stared blankly at the ceiling.

Meanwhile, in the Valley of the Living Rock...

Anna:

"Oh my, that welcome party was really fun!" I said to Bulda as she started to clean up the mess.

"It sure is, dear. By the way, how are things with you and Kristoff?" She asked, all enthusiastic.

"Oh! Uhm. We're really fine. We fight sometimes but we work it out." I chuckled.

"Hey! Let go of me!" I turned around to see Kristoff being forced to approach me by the trolls who were telling him something.

"Anna! Kristoff here wants to propose to you at midnight!" The baby troll said.

"What?!"

Guys. I'm so sorry for a short chap.. I can't write properly. My brain is being devoured by imaginary zombies. Stressed in school. D; i've got some things memorize. I'll do better on the next chap. Sorry.. D; thanks for reading.. :) see you soon my darlings. ❄️~karyned23