Chapter 28:You Should Stop Sticking It Inside All These Ovens- Might Get Burnt

I've been listening this song nonstop!

Song: Symphony

Artist(s): Clean Bandit ft. Zara Larsson

"Okay," I say, nodding my head as Caroline goes to the other side of the room and undresses. I look back down at my phone and text him back a response.

Me: cinnamon huh?

Aiden: Eh, more like SIN-amon. Yuck... 

Me: that's actually pretty clever, i might steal that.

Aiden: Please. Just steal my entire vocabulary, why don't you?

Me: woah! so there's a chance mr. James will go mute?

Aiden: Oh, there's no way I'd starve you of my daily melodic vocals, Resmick.

I laugh aloud and scoff.

"Lauren," Caroline drawls. I look up to see a sad puppy expression. "So which one?" She holds up a cute, white summery romper on a hanger in front of her body, lifting an eyebrow questionably. Then, she removes it and shows her current wear; a sexy black, sleeveless, cut-out bust, bodycon dress.

I tilt my head. "Mmm." I breathe through my nose and roll my eyes, then point to the cute romper. "Duh, that one, for sure." I raise my eyebrows, showing her with that expression how obvious the answer was.

She smirks. "Okay, I'll wear this," she begins, lightly dancing around with the romper still in hand. "Now, I think I should choose your outfit too. It's only fair since you chose mine."

"Caroline, you asked me for my opinion!" I say with amusement.

She purses her lips. "Mmmm, still. Let me repay this debt I feel I have hanging in my chest, okay?"

I sigh. "Go easy on me." 

With a smile, she skips to the bed and plops on it beside me. "I planned earlier that whatever outfit you didn't choose for me would be what you'd wear."

I jolt up, my eyes now as wide as my mouth when attempting to eating a powdered donut whole. "Wait, what?"

She traces the open-cut parts where one's chest should be under the dress. "Yeah, I didn't think it'd be much of a problem."

"You didn't think I wouldn't want to wear the dress?"

She rests the right side of her face on her hand then looks up at me. "No, not that. I was thinking about the difference of breast sizes. I thought— well, I think— that mine may be bigger than yours but just by a bit, probab—"

"Oh my gosh, Caroline!" I laugh, nudging her. "You really are that observant, wow."

"Maybe not all the time, but I know my boobies," she nonchalantly shrugs and admits with a nod. "Anywho~" she croons, her tone rising and falling as she brings the dress closer to me. "Try it on."

"Uh." I look around and fumble to find something— something to occupy myself with for the time being. "Oh, forgot to text back Aiden," I mumble.

Me: I've been living off Adara's singing vocals before I met ya so I think I'll be fine tyvm

I soon realize Caroline is peering into my face comically but also studiously. "You guys are getting pretty close again, huh?" She asks me this the same way my mom or dad would with me when starting a conversation, just to open up the topic of whatever boy I was interested in at the time. 

"Yeah, he's a pretty neat person."

"Mhm, I bet," she coos. "Can neat people be dirty? ... If ya know whaddi mean?"