Chapter 24

Y/N ran to her room and grabbed her sheathed sword before grabbing a couple of knives as well and stashed them to her sleeves which fortunately got straps.

Then she ran back to the others to find Merida already with her big bow and arrows, Rapunzel with nothing but she did wrapped her hair around her arms as if it was some type of rope, and Hiccup was on a black dragon's back.

" Whoa. That's... wow." was all Y/N managed to utter as she staredd at the dragon in awe through the screaming and shouting of the other students.

" The name's Toothless." Hiccup replied, patting his dragon.

" You guys okay?" asked a familiar voice suddenly from behind. They all turned around to found Jack.

" Jack, we've missed you." all of them except Y/N said.

" Hi, Jack," Y/N finally greeted.

" Hi." he replied and then his eyes widened when he looked what's behind them all. " Duck!" he warned and ducked as the others followed.

Black sand flew past them just above their heads.

" That's mad." Y/N said and they all ran together outside to find that everything was a horror to watch.

The other guardians were fighting off arrows upon arrows of poisoned black sand that kept on shooting.

One arrow hit Waters as she was distracted with shooting an arrow from hitting a young boy with her water powers.

She gasped in pain and fell down as the sand dissolved inside her clear water body figure turning her colour into a black cloudy testure.

" G. Waters!" Rapunzel called out and ran to Waters side before healing her.

But it's useless. It didn't worked.  Rapunzel covered her face.

" Waters... dead. She, she can't survive it." she said as tears started dripping from her face.

They all looked back towards where Waters lay and saw only a pool of black water instead of a young girl made out of liquid.

" I can't believe this is happening again," Hiccup said.

" You need to believe, there's no time to be sad. Now let's go get them." Jack replied and went charging at the black sand. He shot ice at each of the black arrows that he could see.

Merida climbed on top of a big, tall rock and aimed at the black arrows. Her arrow flew and hit the black sand, splitting the sand and making it disappear into thin air.

Hiccup rode on Toothless while the dragon charged, shooting balls of purple fire, dissolving a large number of arrow at once.

Rapunzel didn't charge at the arrows but just healed as many people as she could.

Some survive, some... didn't.

Y/N charged at the arrows and sliced them one by one, as the black sand disappear. She was terrified and could feel her heart beating wildly in her chest, but she tried to imagine as if she was in a game.

After a lot of fighting and some people injured and dying, the arrows finally stopped.

" It's right what Hazel said. This battle... not all of us can survive. Look, already four people died today. And Waters..." Tooth said sadly, before bursting into tears and Cupid came to hug her, who was crying as well.

" We need to find something... like a clue of what to do," Autumn chirped in, somehow her soothing voice calmed down everyone and almost immediately they all stopped crying for the loss.