Chapter III

"They witnessed her destruction

"They witnessed her destruction. Then were left to wonder why she saw nothing but darkness, though the stars shone in her eyes. But maybe they'd forgotten, when they failed to see the cracks, that a star's light shines the brightest when it's starting to collapse."

-e.h

ღ ღ ღ

LONG ELEGANT NAILS painted a beautiful shade of maroon gripped the top of the book I held to my nose and pushed it down so I could meet the culprit's stormy gray eyes

A smirk played on her glossy pink lips against her sparsely freckled face. "I thought I would find you here," she whispered.

The school library was usually busy during lunch hours, packed with students catching up with assignments, the gamers enjoying a good game of Minecraft before next period, or in my case, huddled between shelves of freshly smelling books with their nose in a good adventure.

Lang Leav's Love and Misadventure was one of my personal favorites that I found myself reaching for when I'm in the need of some kind of escape.

What happened with Jackson this morning, had plagued my mood and I floated like a zombie through the next few periods, contemplating what the hell had gotten into me. I hardly knew the guy and I acted awfully towards him.

I was one that was always concerned about the thoughts people had about me. It's part of the anxiety package where I can't even get out of the house without over thinking something someone said or the way one looked at me.

First impressions meant everything to me, anxiety or not. I hated giving off the wrong impression about myself. An 'entitled bitch' is something that I would never want someone to think of me as.

I set my book down next to me on the ground and dropped my knees down into a cross-legged position as my friend London sat across from me, a typed paper in her hands. She wore stressed denim jean shorts and a simple floral top that had a small pocket on the left side of her chest. A silver chain with a small bird hung around her neck, a gift from her late grandmother.