This blue

I opened the door to my hotel room taking in the lavender air.It was a small tidy room with a single bed covered with purple sheets, a bed side table, chair at the base of the bed and a tiny bathroom. I dropped my bag on the chair, took out my clothes and went to shower. As the cool water soothed my skin all I kept replaying was that painful encounter with my mother and how I stormed out of the house with mom and  Damien calling behind me as I got into a cab. Not again will I be humiliated I promised myself then. Tomorrow I will go to the Marwick residence get the test over and done with.I need to get back to my life.

I arrived at the mansion and rang the bell.Today an older woman opened up and gave me a faint smile as I asked her to tell Jenny I am here. About 5 minutes later Jenny arrived holding hands with an older man presumably in his late 50s. ''And here she is, Will meet Rain and Rain Meet Will my husband''. I stood up and smiled at Will who looked happy to meet me. ''No need to ask  where your beauty comes from  he said as he took and kissed my hand .''It's so nice to meet you, Dear .Unfortunately, I am running late for a very important meeting but I must insist that you stay for dinner.I want to know more about you''. I opened my mouth to decline but before I could say anything he said he won't accept no for an answer. He kissed Jenny on the lips and went out of the seating room.

Are you ready? I asked wanting to keep our conversation as short a possible. Yeah, she said let's go. after a 15 minutes ride the chauffeur dropped us off.We entered the building and was greeted by a friendly secretary who told us to enter Doctor Jason has been waiting for us. The  Doctors office was huge with three beds. He stood up as jenny and I entered. ''MRS Marwick how nice to see you and I presume you are her daughter''. I knotted my head just wanting to get the test over and done with. After a series of blood drawings, he finally announced that we were done."You will get the results tomorrow " he said. Jenny and he exchanged a few words but I could hardly focus on what they were saying.

In the car, I asked how she knew that Damien Knew me and why instead of sending a private investigator or anybody else she sent him?''My husband holds shares in the Alerchino company and I am the one who represents him in the company.Alerchino company have this major decision to make.There are basically two sides to choose from one being Damien's side. I promised Damien my vote and also the votes of some of the partners that I will convince if he would do me this favor, I didn't want to do it myself and risk Will finding out that I am really sick.He only knows what I tell him. It turned out he knows you and you worked for him as I heard. Plus somehow he knew where you were when I told him about you.He told me he has headed that side for a meeting and would drop in your town to pick you up. ''Why did you leave?he is such a darling " she asked. ''I doubt you will be interested'' I answered indicating that we are not friends or close for me to tell her". I have some dresses I know you will look great in .You cant wear that at the dinner party.We are having guests ".

"I will not be dressed up like a barbie doll just to please your dinner guest.If that is the case I will then have to cancel.I love my jeans and T- shirts just fine thank you".  

''You are still so stubborn. I don't want you to embarrass me and yourself.  There will be a lot of eligible bachelors from high society.Rain these people have class and trust me they will not be attracted to a common riffraff.You need to glam it up Baby, if not for me do it for yourself.You cannot keep living the life of a hillbilly. And since you got the looks I am pretty sure you will pick up one and you can leave that filthy lifestyle you parade proudly ".

''This 'Filthy lifestyle that you so hate ' has kept me alive for years and if that is what you want then maybe you should just drop me off at my room. I have no desire to be classy or hang with fake, boring, obnoxious people who think that they run the world.I will give you the directions to my place  " I answered.  "No Will seems to like you and he did insist to have you for dinner.It's a shame you are not like your mother.Well, you can wear that...but don't say I didn't warn you''.