Chapter 3

Kat's POV

I was walking back to Brendon's hospital room, when I started to hear a loud beeping noise. It was an alarm for the doctors, who were all filing into his room. I ran down to find Sarah frantically asking what's happening, as I went to try to console her. The doctors were giving Brendon chest compressions. He stopped breathing.

"Clear!" One doctor shouts, sending the electricity through his body. The monitor was still flatlined. They started chest compressions again, as the doctors just stood there.

"Don't just stand there!" Erica exclaims. "Save my brother!"

"Stop compressions." The doctor says. "Time of death- 18:48."

I just start shaking my head in denial. He can't be dead.

Sarah lost it. Erica did too. Pete had to hold her up because she could barely stand. I can tell Pete and I were both in shock, and trying to stay strong for the ones who need it the most.

Sarah was in love with Brendon. And Erica, he was always there for her.

"I'm so sorry Sarah." I say quietly, I didn't know what else to say.

After awhile, we sat down preparing to leave. Sarah stared blankly at Brendon's bed, as Erica looked at her with concern. Then she goes over and hugs her.

"Whatever you need, we are all still here." She says, as I smile. I gave Erica and Sarah one last hug and said goodbye to Pete before going to my car.

I couldn't move for a second. It never really sunk in.

That's when I lost it.

I started crying uncontrollably and shaking as the realization that Brendon is dead sunk into my brain.

I'm going to have to talk about it to everyone in the band. And Zack and then fans are going to have to know. Fuck I'm not ready for this.

I got home around 10 o'clock, realizing that my son would be asleep. I was glad because I didn't need him to see me like this.

"Kat?" I hear Patrick's voice call as I close the door. He appeared in the doorway, as I felt myself start to cry again. I slid my back against the door until I hit the ground.

"H-he's gone. Brendon died... fuck he's actually gone." I explain through my hysterical crying.

Patrick stood for a second, shocked. We all couldn't imagine it. Then he started to pull me into a hug, as I cried harder.

"I-Its okay." Patrick stuttered. I just hug him tightly, I couldn't make out any words.