Chapter 7

Pete's POV

I woke up before her the next morning, yawning as I looked myself up and down in the mirror. I then picked up my toothbrush, when something caught my eye.

Erica's orange medication bottle sat on the counter. It was full, so there was no way she was taking her medication.

I have so may questions. Why hasn't she been taking them? How long has this been going on? Why didn't she tell me?

Although it didn't surprise me. I should have seen this coming, she has been acting weird. I didn't question it considering the circumstances.

I looked toward her sleeping form on the bed, thinking about how I should bring this up. It was going to be difficult.

--------

Kat's POV

Dallon had contacted me, Kenny, and Dan saying that he needed to talk to us and meet him at a coffee shop. We were going to go to the studio but it's still too painful for me to even look at the building.

He talked about some big idea that got him so excited. It made me nervous, though. Dallon's ideas were sometimes overdramatic.

I walk into the coffee shop with a soft sigh, before looking for any of the guys.

Everyone was already there except for me. I walked over, the chatter amongst themselves drying down.

"So," I say, sitting down. "What's the huge idea?"

"It's about Brendon." He says, sighing. "That guy... He'd want us to celebrate him the best way possible. By putting on the best show we could."

"What are you saying?" Kenny asks him.

"You want to do another show, don't you?" I say, taking a guess at what Dallon is saying.

"We don't have to come back yet. Not as Panic! At the Disco." He says. He was having a hard time getting the words out. "We can put together some songs. Some duets, some solos. All in memory of him. And the profit from that concert can go to a charity we all can agree on he'd want it to go."

"That's actually really awesome Dal." I smile at him, "I love that."

"We'll run it by his family, see if they are okay with that." Dan adds, as I nod in agreement.

"I can talk to them." I offer, "Unless we all want to."

"Go ahead." Dallon shrugs.

"I'll run by Sarah's, and talk to her and Erica." I say to them, standing back up. "I'm sure they'll love it."

"Alright, let us know." Kenny says, and I nod before heading to Sarah's.

It didn't take long before I reached the old house. I haven't been over there since Brendon died. I went up and knocked, and when Sarah answered I heard yelling upstairs.

"What is-" I ask, but Sarah stops me.

"Erica and Pete."

"Did something happen?"

"She hasn't been taking her anxiety medication." She says, as my jaw drops.

"And she's denying it?" I ask, as Sarah nods. I remember the last time this happened. It didn't end well.

"Sounds like it." She adds, sitting down on the couch. I sit down next to her. "What's up?"

"Dallon had another one of his big ideas, and I wanted to run it by you guys, well you for right now."

Sarah leans forward, listening intently. I hesitate.

"Should I wait for Erica?" I ask.

"I'll tell her about it when she's ready to talk." She says, as I nod.

"So he wants to do another show, not as the band though because we are not ready for that, but like with some people doing solos, and some duets. He also wants all the proceeds to go to a charity we all think Brendon would like it to go to." I explain, "Did I ramble?"

"Oh, no." Sarah says, taking it all in. "I think he would like that. Brendon and music..."

"I know." I smile at her, as she returns it.

Pete's POV

"Erica, please." I beg, as she glares at me. "I can't imagine what you are feeling, but I know Brendon wouldn't want you to do this."

"Please stop." She says, her voice shaky.

"You can't do this to yourself. Not again."

She's crying now, as I reach out and take her hands. She's squeezing mine hard, but I didn't mind it.

"He's gone, Pete. He's really gone..." She cries.

"I know." I say gently, "I know and I'm so sorry."

I pulled her in for a hug, as she clings to me. I couldn't get her to stop crying. Anytime she tried to speak she broke down again.

"I think someone's here." I tell her then. "It sounds like Kat."

I heard her voice downstairs, along with Sarah's.

"Let me attempt to make it look like I wasn't crying." She says, standing up and walking to the bathroom. I wait for her to get out of the bathroom.

She then opens the door, and we go downstairs. Kat and Sarah then looked up at Erica, as I walked slowly behind her.

"Everything good between you two?" Kat asks.

"Fine." Erica says, sniffing. She puts on a smile. "How are you?"

"Okay actually." She nods, "So, uhm... Dallon was kinda wanting to do this concert. Where we all performed a song in memory of Brendon. All the profits can got to a charity we think he would have wanted it to go."

"That's a great idea." She smiles.

"I'll let Dallon know." Kat smiles.