Chapter 2

Pete's POV

I waited with Sarah in Brendon's hospital room just as Erica and Kat came back in. The doctor was finishing making sure everything was okay for Brendon.

"He made it through surgery." The doctor explains to Erica. "His condition is not improving, though." 

"What do you mean?" She asks now, more concerned. Kat looked up from where she handed Sarah her food.

"The swelling in your brothers brain is too great. All we can do is hope it goes down." He tells her.

"Thank you." I say to him, as I put an arm around Erica. The doctor nods, and leaves.

Kat sits down and I can see through her act of trying to stay strong, I can see that she's scared of what might happen.

"I need some air." She says now, leaving. I stopped her at the door.

"I want you to know." I say. "I texted Patrick."

"Okay." She nods, "Why are you telling me?" She asks before she goes around me, as I sigh.

I sit down next to Erica, who was looking at her brother on the hospital bed. His face was covered in scratches and an oxygen mask was on him.

I grab her hand, rubbing my thumb across the top of her hand in comfort.

She gives me a smile and looks to Sarah, who I can tell she was worried about. I am too.

She wanted to say he was going to be okay, but right now not one of us was sure. All she did was pull Sarah into a side hug.

AN: Hey it's B! So um all of you are going to hate me and my cowriter probably in the next chapter that I'm going to wait to publish so I don't put too much out at once. I'll probably publish every other day. Sorry in advance