Unbreakable Love

Chapter Nine

I gazed outside to the beautiful landscape below the building. It would be nice to be out there again. To feel the fresh air bounce off my face, to see Layne. I was sitting in the big room, as we call it. It's like a living room for us, with large windows. They tempt us with the outside that way. Just like how the mysterious man tempts me with the real world, reality.

I've been thinking of a plan for awhile. He's been visiting me every day now, making me sicker by each visit. I'm still not used to seeing him. I don't see much of his face, just his mouth like always, but even that sickens me. His wicked grin, and his nasty yellowing teeth. I've talked to the others here about my plan. They didn't like it at first, but eventually gave in. I've tried asking them why they were here, but they don't talk much. If it's a dream why do they speak so vividly about the real world beyond the dream world? It just isn't adding up.

Anyway, we intend on acting on my plan very soon. He's coming again today. It's half past 9. We finished eating breakfast and taking our drugs at 8:30. Visiting hours are at 10 A.M. I'm fully prepared with the strength of the entire group that we can at least make it out of this place. If it's my dream, and he doesn't expect it this should play out smoothly.

"Hailey! We're ready when you are!" Said a raspy voice. It was Judith. She was one of the people there I had grown the closest to. It's too bad this is a dream, I keep forgetting. It all seems too real.

"Okay, go," I said hiding behind a corner.

Suddenly Judith sprinted down the hall screaming, passing through two sliding doors leading towards the exit. The lady at the front desk ran after her calling security. I went into the front desk, taking the pistol that was under the desk. After awhile, you start paying attention to what's there. It was loaded thankfully. I walked out of the front desk, and looked down both ends of the hallway. Everyone was gone. Where were they? That was not part of the plan..

"You thought you could outsmart me, Kitty? Well you were wrong." Oh no not again. I had the pistol behind my back. Good call, I thought to myself. I straightened and looked at him in disgust. Then, I brought the pistol out from behind my back, and fired. I didn't fire once, but twice. I slowly walked toward him. Is he finally dead? He twitched. I backed up, and shot again. He stopped twitching.

"K-kitty, you'll regret that.." He said, choking. He started laughing, and then he choked some more and coughed up a pool of blood. I sighed. I didn't need to see that, but at least he's gone.

"Hailey!"

It was Judith and the others. Uh oh. I feel dizzy. Judith started getting blurry.

***************************

"O my God!" Layne exclaimed, "She's waking up! Hailey!"

I looked around the room. I was in a hospital but this time it wasn't a dream, and I knew it. I smiled. I could feel Layne's hand curl into mine. Finally. Peace.

"O my baby!" Mom said, squeezing my other hand. My dad smiled, and came over and sat next to me.

"It's good to see you again, sweetie," he said happily.

"It's good to see you guys to," I said.

I closed my eyes. "Thank you, Jesus," I said to myself. I opened my eyes again to see Layne sitting beside me in the hospital bed. I looked up into those beautiful bet eyes again. I almost had to look away, they were tempting me.

"Hailey?" He said quietly.

"Yes?" I said, looking into his eyes again.

"Hailey, I love you. Please don't leave me like that again. I got so scared, and I didn't know what to think.."

"I love you to, and I don't want to ever again. Believe me. He made me stay there. If I hadn't formed a plan to escape that dream I still wouldn't be here right now."

"Baby, I will find him. Don't worry."

I smiled. He looked so cute when he got mad.

"I know," I said, smiling at him. He smiled back, and kissed me.

"The doctor said you can leave soon. He just needs to ask you some things and do some tests and things."

"Oh, good I'm tired of seeing the same old room and same old colored walls all the time."

"What?"

"I'll tell you later.." I said, yawning.

The nurse walked in.

"Visiting hours are almost over, but parents can stay," the nurse said sternly, looking in Layne's direction.

"Please, ma'am, may I stay with her I'm her boyfriend?" Layne asked.

"I'm sorry, hon, but it's the rules. You can come back tomorrow as soon as it's visiting time. She'll be fine, dear." He sighed and kissed me on the cheek saying goodbye and that he'd see me as soon as possible tomorrow.

"I love you, Hailey."

"I love you to."

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys I haven't been leaving comments at the end of each chapter bc I've been a bit busy and haven't had good signal where I'm at right now, but will be uploading more soon. This chapter was also a little shorter, but I hope you guys like it so far, and pls leave lots of comments and votes I love seeing them. Xoxo ☺️😘